Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Aerolynx, South Aero (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/56146-aerolynx-south-aero.html)

frqntflyer 01-13-2011 02:11 PM

Aerolynx, South Aero

Anyone have any info these guys? (QOL and planes, schedule, pay etc.) I know they are both out of ABQ, and fly 402s. Anything else would help.

DRan 01-26-2011 07:41 AM

I flew for them for 2+ yrs

Just a note that AeroLynx has less pay than SouthAero. Unless that has changed. I worked for AeroLx through low to high to low pay again. It was rough, hours & holds, but good flying. I thought I gained alot from the mountain and ice flying. They currently have had a string of hires quitting, but I have not heard why. Aircraft get fixed if broke. You do tend to start smelling like them after awhile, guess that is the nature of the beast. :p

FSUpilot 02-02-2011 03:38 PM

I work for south... leaving soon for expressjet so there are slots open. PM me with questions. Its a great place to work.

frqntflyer 02-03-2011 08:17 PM

Im a newby to the forum so i cant PM yet. Im actually in ABQ now for the weekend. Would it be worth me going over to South just to drop off a resume. You have anything more on aerolynx or more details about south?

celloman 02-04-2011 06:13 AM

Nothing but good things to say about the folks at South. Never flew for them but had many interactions with the pilots and owner.

-Best of Luck!

FSUpilot 02-04-2011 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by frqntflyer (Post 941775)
Im a newby to the forum so i cant PM yet. Im actually in ABQ now for the weekend. Would it be worth me going over to South just to drop off a resume. You have anything more on aerolynx or more details about south?

nobody is there over the weekend. unless you want to come over to the Cutter Aviation tomorrow at 6am. You could give your resume to barney. But if you will be here monday afternoon.. the CP is usually here and will take a resume. Thats your best bet. Networking. Thats how i got the job. And i pestered the hell out of them..

Not much on aero charter... aero lynx or whatever you want to call them. I just know the pilots are happier at south.

FSUpilot 02-04-2011 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by DRan (Post 936314)
Just a note that AeroLynx has less pay than SouthAero. Unless that has changed. I worked for AeroLx through low to high to low pay again. It was rough, hours & holds, but good flying. I thought I gained alot from the mountain and ice flying. They currently have had a string of hires quitting, but I have not heard why. Aircraft get fixed if broke. You do tend to start smelling like them after awhile, guess that is the nature of the beast. :p

people are quitting because the regionals are hiring. I have a few friends that just left for skywest, eagle, etc.

grAviator 04-06-2011 02:02 PM

Does anyone know thier hiring mins? schedules, etc.