Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Hopajet

Old 02-22-2011, 02:43 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2011
Default Hopajet

I'd like to send my resume to Hopajet, any info ?
Old 02-22-2011, 03:47 AM
Respek

Joined APC: Jul 2010

I think you will find that it's not a very respected company.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: Corporate + CFI

I have talked to them before, just like Cruz mentioned, it is not very respected company...PM me for details.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:59 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Default Hopajet

Do not waist your time, there are better places to build your time on jets, plus you be getting tired of filling NASA reports to protect your license.
I worked there and some of the captains have an immature attitude about new hires.
Keep your distance from these guys if you can:
XXXX likes to show off, he'll meke shure you know that upgrading is not gonna happen for you.
XXXX, same but a lot more reckless, he has his own idea about FAA regulations.
XXXX, inexperienced, ready to blame anybody else for his mistakes, very unconfortable flying into IFR.
XXXX, spends too much time looking into mirrors, afraid of lying into IFR, he'll brag about his 7 type ratings.
Good luck

Last edited by vagabond; 03-09-2011 at 06:35 AM. Reason: removed names
Old 02-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: ERJ right

Originally Posted by jetpilot235 View Post
Do not waist your time, there are better places to build your time on jets, plus you be getting tired of filling NASA reports to protect your license.
I worked there and some of the captains have an immature attitude about new hires.
Keep your distance from these guys if you can:
XXXX likes to show off, he'll meke shure you know that upgrading is not gonna happen for you.
XXXX, same but a lot more reckless, he has his own idea about FAA regulations.
XXXX, inexperienced, ready to blame anybody else for his mistakes, very unconfortable flying into IFR.
XXXX, spends too much time looking into mirrors, afraid of lying into IFR, he'll brag about his 7 type ratings.
Good luck
All this might be true or false but coming on a forum and putting peoples real names is BS man. They probably have no idea you wrote this and therefore have no way of defending themselves. I think the mods should pull this post.

Last edited by vagabond; 03-09-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:41 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2011

No full names were posted my friend.
But it would be a good idea to post all Nasa reports with their full names, tks
Old 02-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Originally Posted by jetpilot235 View Post
No full names were posted my friend.
But it would be a good idea to post all Nasa reports with their full names, tks
must be a bitter hop-a-jet FO who got canned
Old 03-07-2011, 06:37 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Ha! I hear ya jetpilot235. I used to work theer too and I know wat your sayin. Tough place to earn a livin, at least it was back when I was there!
Old 08-03-2015, 01:41 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2014
Default Current Hop-a-Jet Information

Is there any new up to date, current as of summer 2015 information out there on Hop-a-Jet? Thanks...I'm curious.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:13 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2015

Originally Posted by formerbuffpilot View Post
Is there any new up to date, current as of summer 2015 information out there on Hop-a-Jet? Thanks...I'm curious.
Yes formerbuffpilot, there is. The former negative posts I see about Hopajet are likely from a disgruntled ex employee a long time ago, you should disregard those. Hopajet has been around over 30 years and one of the largest charter operators in South Florida. Currently they operate 7 lear 60's, 4 classics and 3 XRs. They also operate 2 challenger 604s and 1 lear 45 and manage a challenger 300 (part 91, not for charter use). Salaries are average to above average to start. Company has A061 opspec for EFBs, all pilots are issued company iPad EFBs for charts and company documents. Currently employ about 30 pilots, and they are looking to hire about 5 lear 60 FOs. Pilots will fly about 600 hours a year and time off is fair for a 135 company. Overall, a well established, respected and proven charter company. Hopajet is a good company to build time and stay for a career.