Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   135 Cargo Feeders in Denver (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/57497-135-cargo-feeders-denver.html)

jesselyb 03-04-2011 09:55 AM

135 Cargo Feeders in Denver

Hey folks, just wondering if anyone knew of any 135 cargo feeders in Colorado (other than Key Lime, I've heard a lot of things about them, none of which are good...)? I'd love to live in the Rockies, but am having a hard time finding 135 cargo operators. Thanks!

threeighteen 03-04-2011 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by jesselyb (Post 958018)
Hey folks, just wondering if anyone knew of any 135 cargo feeders in Colorado (other than Key Lime, I've heard a lot of things about them, none of which are good...)? I'd love to live in the Rockies, but am having a hard time finding 135 cargo operators. Thanks!

Unfortunately there isn't much. Key Lime does all the UPS feeder operations, I don't think FedEx has much, if any, feeder operations into Denver.

jesselyb 03-05-2011 06:13 PM

I was afraid of that... kinda seems like most of the 135 cargo operators either have pay for time/training programs(which I want to have nothing to do with) or have horrid pay. That doesn't really seem right seeing that lots them fly single pilot IFR.

gearcrankr 03-06-2011 04:48 AM

You could check out Alpine or Corporate Air, you wont be in Denver, but still in the mountains. Good luck.

jesselyb 03-07-2011 02:21 PM

Huh, didn't think of Corporate Air (and didn't know until a second ago that they flew more than caravans). Unfortunately Alpine has their dumb "First officer program" which looks like a pay for time/training with a bunny hat on...

threeighteen 03-07-2011 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by jesselyb (Post 959743)
Huh, didn't think of Corporate Air (and didn't know until a second ago that they flew more than caravans). Unfortunately Alpine has their dumb "First officer program" which looks like a pay for time/training with a bunny hat on...

What are your current times?

jesselyb 03-08-2011 07:44 AM

I'm still below 135 mins by a tad less than a hundred hours. Right now I'm doing cloud seeding/weather modification which I really can't complain about other than I'm sick of moving and building time is slow. I've started flying skydivers on the side which is pretty decent quick time. The cloud seeding thing has given me great experience (icing, thunderstorms), mulit time and the pay is great for the amount of hours I've got. Just testing the water for something different that doesn't come with a crap QOL.

sddo 03-08-2011 10:21 AM

Any Turbine Time? I need a guy. Decent pay but you'll have to visit the montains on your time off.

jesselyb 03-08-2011 01:18 PM

I've got half an hour in a King Air! I suppose you're wanting more than that... For the seeding we've been doing it's been in 340s and Senecas. What kind of outfit are you running? Seems like finding a pilot these days would be cake!