Meridian Air Charter TEB

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Meridian Air Charter TEB

Old 03-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Default Meridian Air Charter TEB

Anyone know anything about them? Good place, bad place?
Old 03-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Cessna 210 Turbo

I can say this:

I flew out of that same location, in fact, learned to fly there. Then, it was named "General Aviation" (they operated out of a trailer), and were known for Navion service, and they later merged with Safair and Ted Hebert, who were based at the north end of TEB. We're going back to the late 70's here. I started flying at Safair and moved with them when they merged.

Ken Forrester Jr. and Sr. owned General Aviation (not sure if dad is still around), and Ken still owns (I think with a partner) Meridian. Ken is a former USAF pilot and a stand up guy.

I can't for the life of me imagining it to be a bad place. Ken ALWAYS ran a class operation. I would definitely have a good look at them! They went from a trailer and a hangar across Industrial Ave., to later building their own hangar and then taking over the American Cyanamid hangar adjacent. They then went the "Million Air" route then did their own thing with Meridian and a modern, new facility.

Tell Ken that Lou Betti and Bill Carriero (the "candy man") said hello! Not that you will meet Ken!

Ya' know, they still have a couple of old Navion hulks sitting in the grass off the ramp!

If I were flying into TEB, Meridian would be the FBO I would go to. Ken really went from "not much" to perhaps being the best at TEB with Meridian.