Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 03-20-2011, 06:15 PM
patience

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Default Ameriflight

I would like to hear from anyone that knows a little about Ameriflight.

About myself- I am a low time pilot(cfi) looking to get started with a regional 121, cargo 121, or cargo 135 company (once I hit 135 mins or get my ATP.) Ameriflight seems like a great company to work for in comparison to a regional airline, or any other feeder cargo company.

Does anyone know what work scdedules might be like, ex. 5 days on, 2 days of?

Air you returning to your base each day, or are you gone during your work period?

What plane to they usally start you with? (It seems like to me, either the beech99 or the navajo.)

What is QOL like there or anyother insights that might steer one away from ameriflight or attract one towards having goals towards working for the company?

Also I do not have a degree, although I am close to a 2-year aviation degree, is a degree 2-year, or 4-year degree needed, or helpful when trying to get on with Ameriflight?
Old 03-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Airport Hobo

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Try looking/posting in the Part 135 section:

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/pa...light-108.html
Old 03-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Moving this thread over to the Part 135 forum and if you will use the search function on the top level menu bar, you will find NUMEROUS threads on Ameriflight which will answer all of your questions as they have been asked a lot! Good searching.

USMCFLYR
Old 03-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2010
Position: A319/A320/A321 CA

1)****** Hiring into OAK and PDX as the initial base assignment
2)****** Entry level airplane is PA31 (Piper Navajo and Chieftain), a light, twin-engine piston-powered airplane.
3)****** Starting pay is $28K per year
4)****** We ask for a one year integrity agreement where, upon successful passing of a PIC checkride, begins a one year commitment to Ameriflight.
5)***** Typical work week is Monday early morning outbound from each base with 6-7 hour layover at outstation then return to base in early evening.* This goes on through Friday evening.* Weekends are typically off as are all recognized National holidays.
6)** More information on employment opportunities, the recruiting and hiring process, and training agenda can be found at Ameriflight LLC.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Apteryx

Joined APC: Jan 2010

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Moving this thread over to the Part 135 forum and if you will use the search function on the top level menu bar, you will find NUMEROUS threads on Ameriflight which will answer all of your questions as they have been asked a lot! Good searching.

USMCFLYR
You can find comprehensive info on Ameriflight's history, jobs, and hiring process at Ameriflight.com on the Internet. For a quick summary of pilot recruiting info, call 818 503 2898 for a five minute tape recording.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Deleted......
Old 04-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Apteryx

Joined APC: Jan 2010

Originally Posted by N5467C View Post
I would like to hear from anyone that knows a little about Ameriflight.

About myself- I am a low time pilot(cfi) looking to get started with a regional 121, cargo 121, or cargo 135 company (once I hit 135 mins or get my ATP.) Ameriflight seems like a great company to work for in comparison to a regional airline, or any other feeder cargo company.

Does anyone know what work scdedules might be like, ex. 5 days on, 2 days of?

Air you returning to your base each day, or are you gone during your work period?

What plane to they usally start you with? (It seems like to me, either the beech99 or the navajo.)

What is QOL like there or anyother insights that might steer one away from ameriflight or attract one towards having goals towards working for the company?

Also I do not have a degree, although I am close to a 2-year aviation degree, is a degree 2-year, or 4-year degree needed, or helpful when trying to get on with Ameriflight?
-- Most flights originate from a domicile station in early morning, remain at an outstation most of the day, and return to the domicile in the evening and RON. If you're based at the domicile, you're usually home at night. Some pilots are based at the outstation, in which case they're home all day -- but there are other options, depending upon what you're senior enough to hold a bid on. With about 2,000 departures per week in the system, there's lots of variety.

-- Piper Navajo/Chieftain unless you're specifically qualified in one of the company's turbine types and they are unable to find successful bidders for a particular flight sequence from within their current pilot group.

-- As is the case with many entry level jobs, QOL for junior pilots is not a major positive factor. You usually get two or two and a half days per week off. The trip bids available to junior pilots are often not at the most desirable places in the world . . . but -- as the case generally in the airline business -- with more seniority under your belt, you can bid for more attractive domiciles, larger equipment, more pay. . . .

-- Real world IFR multiengine flight experience, a good work ethic, and a compatible personality are more important at Ameriflight than a college degree.