Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   TMC- Travel Management Company (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/59272-tmc-travel-management-company.html)

i fly planes 07-03-2013 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by NightOwl (Post 1435932)
Does anyone have any info on the payscale(if there is even one) at TMC?

Hello, SICs begin at roughly $40,000 in both the Hawker and Beechjet. You are paid by the day which is $220 plus $40 per diem. Reserve goes senior and most folks go on the 15/13 rotation. If you're on the reserve schedule you're paid an extra $30 per day I believe and get to choose 7 hard days per quarter you want off.

mainiac 07-14-2013 08:14 AM

Do you usually work all 15 of your days? Since its a daily rate, my budget would need that.
Staying at home on standby, unpaid, would not be my first choice.

Thanks

skier17 07-14-2013 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by mainiac (Post 1444705)
Do you usually work all 15 of your days? Since its a daily rate, my budget would need that.

Thanks

As long as you are on a schedule, you will be out all 15 days every rotation. I believe that the reserve guys typically stay out all 15 days as well. I think new hires are getting a schedule right out of indoc and not sitting reserve at all.

i fly planes 07-15-2013 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by mainiac (Post 1444705)

Thanks

Let's put a halt to the misconception of the "daily rate" at TMC......If you're on for 15 days, you get paid each and every day, flying or not, home or not, you get paid. I've sat at home for 2 days before in my hometown.

When you come to work, you can expect to fly 50+ hours each rotation multiple legs per day.

mainiac 07-15-2013 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by i fly planes (Post 1445525)
Let's put a halt to the misconception of the "daily rate" at TMC......If you're on for 15 days, you get paid each and every day, flying or not, home or not, you get paid. I've sat at home for 2 days before in my hometown.

When you come to work, you can expect to fly 50+ hours each rotation multiple legs per day.

That's what I wanted to hear. Sitting at home on Day 1,2,3 (unpaid) etc wouldn't work for me. When it's time to go to work, I want to go to work.

Thanks

i fly planes 07-16-2013 05:10 AM

Yeah no problem. You get paid because you're available for duty which is 24/7 at TMC, and falling within the FAA rest rules of course.

NightOwl 07-16-2013 06:26 AM

How do the day to day operations work at tmc? Are the pilots responsible for filing flight plans, booking hotels...etc or is there a dispatch team ?

skier17 07-16-2013 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by NightOwl (Post 1445840)
How do the day to day operations work at tmc? Are the pilots responsible for filing flight plans, booking hotels...etc or is there a dispatch team ?

Dispatch takes care of booking hotels and, if it's needed, rental cars. Pilots do the flight plans and fuel planning. Typically get an email early in the day with your hotel info for that night.

Yeffro 07-16-2013 11:50 AM

Pure curiosity but what determines if a rental is needed? Is parking for a day or three a rarity? I saw mention of it above and am wondering if it's very rare or if there is a nice mix on a tour.

Thanks

Coopspeed 07-16-2013 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by i fly planes (Post 1445525)

Not paid when sitting at home if on reserve.