Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   TMC- Travel Management Company (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/59272-tmc-travel-management-company.html)

FlyFastLiveSlow 06-19-2011 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR (Post 991916)
Slightly off kilter - but what are the higher end properties?

USMCFLYR

Conrad (by Hilton), Four Seasons, and Fairmont are a solid step up and found world wide. Unfortuantely, Four Seasons and Fairmont have rewards programs that only work on their properties. If you rack up a lot of Hilton points (embassy, doubletree, hampton) you can burn them at Conrad for a little luxury vacay.

USMCFLYR 06-19-2011 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by FlyFastLiveSlow (Post 1010604)
Conrad (by Hilton), Four Seasons, and Fairmont are a solid step up and found world wide. Unfortuantely, Four Seasons and Fairmont have rewards programs that only work on their properties. If you rack up a lot of Hilton points (embassy, doubletree, hampton) you can burn them at Conrad for a little luxury vacay.

The highlighted properties are the most popular in my office along with Hilton Garden Inns. Marriott being second. I've been very happy with the properties that I have stayed at in the past few months. In my prior job I mostly stayed at Marriott Residence Inns and enjoyed my stays. Finding rooms 'in-rate' can be tough sometimes though. The places that I stay at now are certainly nicer than 99% where I stayed in during my military career!

USMCFLYR

cosmosdrvr 06-30-2011 09:59 PM

Are they hiring? Bases, pay , schedule?

murkdaddy 07-01-2011 05:05 AM

I heard about 5 months ago that they were hiring. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but you are home based, around $50K, and 15/13.

bhndthecns 09-13-2011 03:30 PM

Any word on timeline for getting on with TMC? Getting an interview, hereing back on results? Thanks.

RJcursed4life 01-05-2012 06:30 PM

I did the phone interview on 11/15 I think? Had the interview 11/22, was hired on 12/13 I think? and got the class date just prior to Christmas. They are all very busy over there, but super nice. They are all wearing a lot of hats. Looking forward to class this month!

SiouxPilot89 01-08-2012 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by RJcursed4life (Post 1112702)
I did the phone interview on 11/15 I think? Had the interview 11/22, was hired on 12/13 I think? and got the class date just prior to Christmas. They are all very busy over there, but super nice. They are all wearing a lot of hats. Looking forward to class this month!

What type of mins are they looking for? Their website does not post it...

murkdaddy 01-09-2012 04:40 AM

mins

Originally Posted by SiouxPilot89 (Post 1114456)
What type of mins are they looking for? Their website does not post it...

When I talked to a manager, he said the mins were at least 2,500 TT because of insurance. I can't remember what the rest was....

But if you are interested in the company then send in your resume and let the company tell you, "thanks but no thanks"; better than assuming it is a "No" and sending them nothing.

LeftWing 01-10-2012 09:23 AM

Do they still pay by the hour/flight/day or whatever it was, with no minimum guarantee? I seem to remember somewhat of an exodus when something like this happened.

JetThere 01-11-2012 11:17 AM

Yea that's how they pay you... by the day. If you are assigned to an aircraft and available to fly, you get paid for that day. It caused a lot of resentment, but not an exodus. If pilots had a better place to go, they were already there.