Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

TMC- Travel Management Company

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 08:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Well, while a few of those things mentioned were true at one point, I think mgmt now has a slightly different attitude. We are starting to see some changes for the better. While the recent raise was a joke, they do seem to be willing to take better care of crews QOL on the road at least.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:24 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by thurberm View Post
Hmmm... Sounds like Avantair before the fall...
With how good the economy and job market is, and how horrible TMC is, I wouldn't be surprised at all when they fall.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Unhappy Not Really...

Originally Posted by thurberm View Post
Hmmm... Sounds like Avantair before the fall...
Thurber,

Aside from Scumbag management, I don't get how you can say that about VNR... Even up to the end, VNR and TMC had little in common...:

1) VNR Pilots HAD Vacation.

2) VNR Pilots called in sick all the time with no retribution, unless repetitive sick calls or unusual..

3) VNR Pilots trained on their work week, usually, sometimes pushing into the off week. But at least you would be given time at home if you asked for it. Minimum 3 days, I think.

4) No rolling rest.

5) Pay and Per Diem were better than some other fractionals have now, even in the end.

6) Insurance wasn't bad for family, either.

7) VNR HAD a bereavement policy and several crewmembers I knew, used it, unfortunately. Also, when one of the pilots was very sick, the Company flew his Spouse to be by his bedside.

8) VNR Pilots had an incredible Chief Pilot that most felt, had their backs as much as possible. Most of the ACP's and even a DO or two were decent, non-135 scumbag types.

9) VNR had an incredible pilot group, and an amazingly tight one, considering how rarely they saw each other on opposite weeks.

I am not trying to be confrontational, but VNR pilots had better pay, QOL, and benefits at the end, than many fractionals do today. TMC, EAS, JetSuite, Flight Options, etc. pilots would love to have some or all of the QOL, Pay, and Benefits VNR pilots enjoyed. Until recently, even Wheels Up pilots looked back fondly to their schedule and pay at VNR. And even Flex guys looked favorably on VNR's schedule and written furlough policy (versus Flex and EXO's terminations).

VNR was brought down by scumbag management siphoning funds and resources, but it wasn't a bad place to be and deserves a place of reverence. I'm not saying that bad things never happened there and that they didn't fire some good pilots, but overall, considering the competition, it wasn't a bad place to sit out the Great Recession.

Take care and stay safe out there...
Old 07-21-2015, 06:32 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by ThomasMagnum View Post
Well, while a few of those things mentioned were true at one point, I think mgmt now has a slightly different attitude. We are starting to see some changes for the better. While the recent raise was a joke, they do seem to be willing to take better care of crews QOL on the road at least.
TMC QOL.

TMC=Too Much Cr@p.
QOL=Quit Or Leave.

Good Luck.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Thurber,

Aside from Scumbag management, I don't get how you can say that about VNR... Even up to the end, VNR and TMC had little in common...:

2) VNR Pilots called in sick all the time with no retribution, unless repetitive sick calls or unusual..

3) VNR Pilots trained on their work week, usually, sometimes pushing into the off week. But at least you would be given time at home if you asked for it. Minimum 3 days, I think.

4) No rolling rest.

5) Pay and Per Diem were better than some other fractionals have now, even in the end.

7) VNR HAD a bereavement policy and several crewmembers I knew, used it, unfortunately. Also, when one of the pilots was very sick, the Company flew his Spouse to be by his bedside.

8) VNR Pilots had an incredible Chief Pilot that most felt, had their backs as much as possible. Most of the ACP's and even a DO or two were decent, non-135 scumbag types.

9) VNR had an incredible pilot group, and an amazingly tight one, considering how rarely they saw each other on opposite weeks.

I am not trying to be confrontational, but VNR pilots had better pay, QOL, and benefits at the end, than many fractionals do today. TMC, EAS, JetSuite, Flight Options, etc. pilots would love to have some or all of the QOL, Pay, and Benefits VNR pilots enjoyed. Until recently, even Wheels Up pilots looked back fondly to their schedule and pay at VNR. And even Flex guys looked favorably on VNR's schedule and written furlough policy (versus Flex and EXO's terminations).

VNR was brought down by scumbag management siphoning funds and resources, but it wasn't a bad place to be and deserves a place of reverence. I'm not saying that bad things never happened there and that they didn't fire some good pilots, but overall, considering the competition, it wasn't a bad place to sit out the Great Recession.

+1.

VNR was a good gig while I was there. Its a shame the way it ended.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Hiring minimums were just lowered to 1000tt with 500pic.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:53 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

They should try adding vacation instead...
Old 07-26-2015, 05:56 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by ThomasMagnum View Post
Hiring minimums were just lowered to 1000tt with 500pic.
I hear in Chicago they have these things called "Revolving Doors".
Old 07-30-2015, 06:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

TMC announced today that crews would be receiving a 5% raise across the board!
Old 07-31-2015, 02:33 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: CE680

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Thurber,

4) No rolling rest.

+1
No comparison.