Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

TMC- Travel Management Company

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 05:12 AM
Pilot

Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: Large cabin Bizjet

Originally Posted by Fetzervalve View Post
I realize this is the 135 board, but I don't get the current mentality against the regionals for new pilots needing experience. I have time at a regional when the pay was lower and when we were viewed as completely worthless scum by management. But it was also some of the best flying and training I had....

Nowadays, the regionals will bend over backwards to get you interested. Now they NEED you... The pay is a little better but the equipment and the varied flying is a lot better than what I had. These days newhires can go from a beat up Seminole to a brand new E175 with a decent upgrade time. Now is the best time to join the "stronger" regionals if you need good flight experience IMHO.

You can always go to the fractionals or better 135 outfits after time at the regionals if you hate it.

Bottom line: the regionals give you OPTIONS - you can stay on the airline track or you can always go to the frax/135s if you are a good networker. Don't assume jumping to 135 operators like TMC will be sooooo much better than regional flying. With pilot bases at regionals all over the country, pick a few of the better regionals with bases near your desired location and consider it.
Well stated, and I have given the same advice to people asking me which way they should go these days.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013

Was browsing the thread earlier and read something about TMC not liking reserve. Can't find the reference again. I am in the National Guard. I know it is illegal to discriminate on those grounds, but impossible to prove. Is that what the reference was about? I could see why with a 15/13 schedule they wouldn't want you to have to go to drill in the middle of that. With a rotating 28 day schedule it would take a long time for the rotation to come around with drill scheduled for your days off.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015
Position: CRJ

Originally Posted by ejericson View Post
any idea how long it takes to hear anything? I read a ways back and someone said it takes months to hear. that was last year. any idea what response time is now?
bump. anyone know how long it is taking to hear anything?
Old 10-05-2015, 05:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

I was hired with a navy reservist. He had his schedule months in advanced and worked around the 15/13.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by ejericson View Post
bump. anyone know how long it is taking to hear anything?
Have you received the employment packet to fill out and return to the CP? I got that within a week or so of turning my app in. Heard anywhere from one week to a few months to hear back after submitting that. Most seem to say a week or two is average.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015
Position: CRJ

Originally Posted by badtransam97 View Post
Have you received the employment packet to fill out and return to the CP? I got that within a week or so of turning my app in. Heard anywhere from one week to a few months to hear back after submitting that. Most seem to say a week or two is average.
its only been 1 week, haven't gotten anything yet... just wondering what to expect
Old 10-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Initial Training

So what does initial training look like?
Schedule, location, pay, hotel, etc. Any time off in between? How long to get in on IOE?

Thanx
Old 10-08-2015, 05:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

How many planes does TMC own/manage? Are they all company owned? The website says "growing fleet of over 70." Any new deliveries scheduled?

How many pilots are there?

I'm assuming with the "PIC" in type for an upgrade that you will get the type rating at initial training. Is that correct?
Old 10-08-2015, 07:16 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by Intel33 View Post
How many planes does TMC own/manage? Are they all company owned? The website says "growing fleet of over 70." Any new deliveries scheduled?

How many pilots are there?

I'm assuming with the "PIC" in type for an upgrade that you will get the type rating at initial training. Is that correct?
I believe we are sitting at 70 planes right now. We don't manage any, they are all owned. They keep telling us we are getting more Challengers but that remains to be seen, we still only have two 604s.
Roughly 200 pilots with that number changing all of the time due to attrition.
Yes, everyone gets a PIC type in which ever airplane they get hired into (BE40 or HS125) No street hires for the Challenger, that is seniority driven.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Looks like the Feds have officially said that rolling rest just may be a thing of the past for TMC