Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

TMC- Travel Management Company

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 07:39 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by RJcursed4life View Post
No, I would not consider 25-30% low, but that was over a year ago, and from what I understand it was a time of great turmoil. The guys that stuck it out say it is a very different place from back then. Plus, 28% turnover when you have 23 airplanes is a lot different number than when you have 47 airplanes like TMC has now....it's nowhere near 28%.

If you got out and you didn't like it, good for you. I am happy for you. I am merely trying to provide my perspective with as much factual information as I can. Thanks for you perspective on what things used to be like at TMC. I am sure everyone appreciates your input.

And as for a year from now, I plan on becoming independently wealthy, so I am sure my tune will be even better ;-)
People researching TMC should be given an opportunity to see what it's really about so they can make their own informed decision to work there or not. The problem is your facts are way off and your perspective is a bit muddied.

TMC had a lot more than 23 airplanes in 2011. They picked up several more Hawkers in the last year or so, but that is it. The fleet count isn't that much different. Besides, 28% turnover is high whether you have 1 airplane or 500. The size of the fleet is irrelevant. Yeah, there was a little lull in turnover this past summer but it's has started to pick back up. If and when hiring picks up post-election, TMC is going to be one hurting unit. Even some of their beloved 'company guys' are sick of it and looking.

As one of the ones who 'stuck it out', it is not a very different place than it was. In fact, it continues to decline. There have been some operational improvements with the EFBs and such, but that is minor in the grand scheme of things. They still treat all of their employees in a very unprofessional manner. From profanity laden tirades to waiting until late afternoon on the Friday before Memorial Day weekend to announce that the health insurance has changed and, btw, you have until June 1st to submit the paperwork for the new insurance, to maintenance asking a pilot to make an open write-up 'disappear' because they couldn't find anyone on the field to sign it off. A real class act. The gm is good friends with Jim Segrave (straight from the gm's mouth). Do a search for that name and you will see where SW gets his playbook from. Things start to make a little more sense when you look at it in that light. You can't dismiss these kind of turnover numbers as a couple of whiny pilots. There is a reason for it.

Pilots considering TMC have to decide whether their situation warrants going to work for them and putting up with the crap for a year or two or just avoiding it all together. By giving them information that is factually incorrect you are doing them a huge disservice.

Last edited by UP Pilot; 08-31-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2010

Travel Management is a good company. As with all things, attitude is everything. Make it good or make it bad. If you're don't like what you're doing, find something else to do. Resign. But if you agree to continue working for them, then man up and get the job done.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: Olds 88, Left

Originally Posted by UP Pilot View Post
People researching TMC should be given an opportunity to see what it's really about so they can make their own informed decision to work there or not. The problem is your facts are way off and your perspective is a bit muddied.

Well since my perspective is so muddied and my facts are way off, I am glad everyone considering employment with the company has your facts. Good thing that there are guys like you in this industry that keep everyone on the straight and narrow.

I just go to work, fly safe with a good attitude on airworthy airplanes. I guess I am screwed.

I guess I am also wrong to say that this whole Comair closing thing is a negotiating tactic.

Anyone wanna go grab some beer and watch some football??
Old 09-05-2012, 01:48 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2012

I am considering applying to TMC cause I am sick of the regional Ive been at for years now. Ive got a Beech 400 and Mitsubishi 400 type rating but Id much rather fly the Hawker 800. Will I get stuck flying the Beechjet because of my type rating or will I have the option? Id appreciate anyones thoughts.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:18 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2012

TMC had a lot more than 23 airplanes in 2011. They picked up several more Hawkers in the last year or so, but that is it. The fleet count isn't that much different. Besides, 28% turnover is high whether you have 1 airplane or 500. The size of the fleet is irrelevant. Yeah, there was a little lull in turnover this past summer but it's has started to pick back up. If and when hiring picks up post-election, TMC is going to be one hurting unit. Even some of their beloved 'company guys' are sick of it and looking.

As one of the ones who 'stuck it out', it is not a very different place than it was. In fact, it continues to decline. There have been some operational improvements with the EFBs and such, but that is minor in the grand scheme of things. They still treat all of their employees in a very unprofessional manner. From profanity laden tirades to waiting until late afternoon on the Friday before Memorial Day weekend to announce that the health insurance has changed and, btw, you have until June 1st to submit the paperwork for the new insurance, to maintenance asking a pilot to make an open write-up 'disappear' because they couldn't find anyone on the field to sign it off. A real class act. The gm is good friends with Jim Segrave (straight from the gm's mouth). Do a search for that name and you will see where SW gets his playbook from. Things start to make a little more sense when you look at it in that light. You can't dismiss these kind of turnover numbers as a couple of whiny pilots. There is a reason for it.

Pilots considering TMC have to decide whether their situation warrants going to work for them and putting up with the crap for a year or two or just avoiding it all together. By giving them information that is factually incorrect you are doing them a huge disservice.
UP Pilot,

Let the facts be the facts, while you are certainly entitled to your opinion raining down a bunch of false truths is not the right way to go. As a person who has seen TMC go from just a few airplanes to a big operator in 135, I feel I can speak with some idea of what reality is and discount every position you take. What you are spewing is nothing other than the fact that the job doesn't suit you and that's ok you should leave and go elsewhere. The last thing I would want to do is fly with a person who isn't happy.

While 2011 was a year of changes, to directly dispute your claim that TMC continues to decline, management has held steady on the changes that were made in 2011, implemented multiple platforms to reduce workload on the line, and It's been proven (living proof) that I am covered by the ASAP program. Still looking for the "decline you are referring to..... Point one discounted

Pair up TMC next to DPJ and you see apples and oranges all day long. Not even close, I talk to their pilots off and on during a 15 day rotation and I can sit here and tell you they sing a completely different tune..... Point two in the crapper.

In the 5 years I have been here which I assume is longer than you, I have NEVER been asked to make a write up disappear. MX has never challenged my postion on an unairworthy airplane Ridiculous. I think this is you trying to drive up the drama...... Point three.... Swoosh, gone

Finally to address turnover, TMC for me is 135 charter not FEDEX. I knew when I took the job I was not going to work 10 days a month and make 200K, maybe that's what you took home from the job offer through dillusion lol. There will always be turnover because it's not for everyone, pilots at spirit or frontier or ASA, if offered a job at ups or FedEx, or delta, etc. would be gone in a second. Turnover is a part of aviation until you get to the top. Most want to get paid more for doing less, who can blame em if they can find it. For me TMC gives me an airworthy airplane, doesn't push me to perform unsafe flights and gives me a pretty fair living and quality of life, and a relatively standardized operation. If that changes I will change the scenery.... until then I'm good. Point four........ Well you get the idea. Good luck in your new job dude, hope it happens quickly for you!

Last edited by Scrapper11; 09-15-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010

Any hiring updates? What about that King Air in TEB?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: Captain America
Default TMC-Travel Management Company

I don't think anyone could sum up the TMC experience better. The only pilots that have stayed throughout the years are Kool-Aid drinkers.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Line Holder

Default TMC Jets or Travel Management Company

Originally Posted by Scrapper11 View Post
UP Pilot,

Let the facts be the facts, while you are certainly entitled to your opinion raining down a bunch of false truths is not the right way to go. As a person who has seen TMC go from just a few airplanes to a big operator in 135, I feel I can speak with some idea of what reality is and discount every position you take. What you are spewing is nothing other than the fact that the job doesn't suit you and that's ok you should leave and go elsewhere. The last thing I would want to do is fly with a person who isn't happy.

While 2011 was a year of changes, to directly dispute your claim that TMC continues to decline, management has held steady on the changes that were made in 2011, implemented multiple platforms to reduce workload on the line, and It's been proven (living proof) that I am covered by the ASAP program. Still looking for the "decline you are referring to..... Point one discounted

Pair up TMC next to DPJ and you see apples and oranges all day long. Not even close, I talk to their pilots off and on during a 15 day rotation and I can sit here and tell you they sing a completely different tune..... Point two in the crapper.

In the 5 years I have been here which I assume is longer than you, I have NEVER been asked to make a write up disappear. MX has never challenged my postion on an unairworthy airplane Ridiculous. I think this is you trying to drive up the drama...... Point three.... Swoosh, gone

Finally to address turnover, TMC for me is 135 charter not FEDEX. I knew when I took the job I was not going to work 10 days a month and make 200K, maybe that's what you took home from the job offer through dillusion lol. There will always be turnover because it's not for everyone, pilots at spirit or frontier or ASA, if offered a job at ups or FedEx, or delta, etc. would be gone in a second. Turnover is a part of aviation until you get to the top. Most want to get paid more for doing less, who can blame em if they can find it. For me TMC gives me an airworthy airplane, doesn't push me to perform unsafe flights and gives me a pretty fair living and quality of life, and a relatively standardized operation. If that changes I will change the scenery.... until then I'm good. Point four........ Well you get the idea. Good luck in your new job dude, hope it happens quickly for you!
Are you TMC management?
Old 12-23-2012, 07:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Can someone please answer, how long are the current upgrade times??
Old 01-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by RPJ80 View Post
Can someone please answer, how long are the current upgrade times??
Might just be a rumor in the industry, but Flight Options has taken over Sentient Jet flying in the Beechjets... It might be a longtime for upgrades...