Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

TMC- Travel Management Company

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by FlyGuy91 View Post
Might just be a rumor in the industry, but Flight Options has taken over Sentient Jet flying in the Beechjets... It might be a longtime for upgrades...
What does Flight Options have to do with upgrade times at TMC?
Old 01-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: King Air 200 CA Hawker 800/900 FO

Originally Posted by skier17 View Post
What does Flight Options have to do with upgrade times at TMC?
While I do not work at TMC my guess would be that if they lost Sentient Jets as a broker client, a large broker firm, then they may be flying less hours and may require staff reductions or stagnation.

Not sure how they do upgrades merit, hours, seniority, etc so who the heck knows?
Old 01-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: Captain America

Originally Posted by fjetter View Post
While I do not work at TMC my guess would be that if they lost Sentient Jets as a broker client, a large broker firm, then they may be flying less hours and may require staff reductions or stagnation.

Not sure how they do upgrades merit, hours, seniority, etc so who the heck knows?
I also do not work for TMC, but they have done a lot of Sentient Jet flying in the past. I have been looking on FlightAware under their tail numbers usually ending in CT or TM. Flight Options rumor on taking over Sentient Jets flights on Beechjets looks to be true...
Old 01-09-2013, 12:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Any port in the storm

Fly guy, I'm curious about your style of writing and your position...

You speak about a topic involving possible furloughs and turmoil for people at this company, yet you end every post with a smiley face.

On another note, I've read some of your other posts. In these comments you seem very enthusiastic about putting down this company, yet you indicate that you haven't worked for the organization.

So I must humbly ask: what is your angle?
Old 01-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: B737 Right

XOJet and Apollo supposidly teamed up several months back and last rotation more than 50% of the trips I flew were for Apollo. The fact that Options and Sentient are now partnered up doesn't really say too much about business for TMC. We do a lot of extra lift for the fractional companies as well as many charter companies and brokers. I could be wrong but business seems to be just as busy as usual. Our airplanes don't typically fly more than a few legs a day anyways with 1-3 days of time on the ground in some cases between flying days, so looking at N# on Flight aware is not going to paint an accurate picture of what is going on with TMC.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by FlyGuy91 View Post
I also do not work for TMC, but they have done a lot of Sentient Jet flying in the past. I have been looking on FlightAware under their tail numbers usually ending in CT or TM. Flight Options rumor on taking over Sentient Jets flights on Beechjets looks to be true...
Flight Options and Sentient Jet Reach Agreement for Sentient to Be Authorized Retailer of Flight Options JetPASS Jet Card - Yahoo! Finance

Marketing agreement.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: BE40 Left

Anyone have any current interview info? Sim type and profile? Technical portion? HR portion?

Thanks.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Content

Originally Posted by Cbusbased View Post
Anyone have any current interview info? Sim type and profile? Technical portion? HR portion?

Thanks.
I'm wondering this also. Thanks ahead of time.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Makes the Coffee...

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: Boeing 747-400 FO

Originally Posted by Cbusbased View Post

Thanks.
Originally Posted by i fly planes View Post
I'm wondering this also. Thanks ahead of time.

Met in the early a.m. at C20 – about a 30 minute drive from the Elkhart area – and was paired with another interviewee for a brief sim period in a ground-based simulator, sort of like a glorified CPT with visuals. Would be a great addition to one's "ultimate man-cave!" Immediately beforehand we both completed a multiple-question test which was straight out of the ATP question bank I seem to recall. The simulator was set up to emulate a straight-wing Citation. We took turns in either seat; the other guy went first. Takeoff from TEB, follow the TEB8, do some basic airwork and get vectored for an ILS back into TEB. On my run I received a V1 cut followed by more of the same. They’re looking at CRM, judgment, flying skills, etc.
They expect you back at company headquarters after a break for lunch. They will send one of to a lab for drug screening while the other interviews. The Director of HR and the CP conduct. Basic HR-type questions: tell us about yourself; tell us about a time when…; why TMC; what are your strengths and weaknesses, and so on. They’ll walk you around the campus and introduce you to other key folks. They do attempt to put you at ease and leave you feeling good about coming to work there.
I did receive an offer which I chose to decline. For an individual at a certain place in his/her career, it might represent a good choice. It just was not for me.
I hope that this is informative. Feel free to PM me with specific questions.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Content

Thanks for the thorough overview FLSTCI!