Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

TMC- Travel Management Company

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 05:47 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: B-787 food n movie critic
Default Thank you

Thank you, he simply put his resume on a headhunter site and received a call/phone interview from TMC. He's excited (as we have all been when we got those interview calls). I'm just trying to help him out as he did so many times for me. I appreciate the honesty and candor.

Not knowing any of the IBT politics/negotiations, but sounds like maybe a contract is in the works and I wish you guys/girls the best of luck. I was an ALPA rep 2001-2005 during a full negotiation cycle (openers to ratification) that included 911, its not an easy task.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:26 AM
weekends off? Nope...

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by Captain Ducman View Post
Thank you, he simply put his resume on a headhunter site and received a call/phone interview from TMC. He's excited (as we have all been when we got those interview calls). I'm just trying to help him out as he did so many times for me. I appreciate the honesty and candor.

Not knowing any of the IBT politics/negotiations, but sounds like maybe a contract is in the works and I wish you guys/girls the best of luck. I was an ALPA rep 2001-2005 during a full negotiation cycle (openers to ratification) that included 911, its not an easy task.
regarding the contract negotiations...TPG (venture capital) owns both TMC (union) and XOJET (non-union). One company is shrinking and losing benefits, while the other is not. Draw your own conclusions as to what TPG intends to do with the 2 companies...
Old 03-21-2017, 07:38 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: B-787 food n movie critic

Originally Posted by Smooth at FL450 View Post
regarding the contract negotiations...TPG (venture capital) owns both TMC (union) and XOJET (non-union). One company is shrinking and losing benefits, while the other is not. Draw your own conclusions as to what TPG intends to do with the 2 companies...
ahhhhhh, the whipsaw Is XO growing their fleet and benefits or remaining status quo?
Old 03-21-2017, 11:15 AM
weekends off? Nope...

Originally Posted by Captain Ducman View Post
ahhhhhh, the whipsaw Is XO growing their fleet and benefits or remaining status quo?

I've been gone a few months now, but from I hear they just bought an additional airplane and are very actively hiring. Captains got a substantial pay raise w/scale last year and I heard the FOs got some love just recently. Upgrade at XO is less than a year on the 10 if flight time requirements are met, a little longer on the Challenger but likely dropping as the FO's on deck to upgrade are bailing out for the majors. 401k match, while still underwhelming, did improve recently to the benefit of the lower income earners (50% match up to 100% match, $5000 max)

XO's CEO and FLOP's CEO (ken ricci) are both on TMC's board...I'm sure they have plans up their sleeve.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:17 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Maintenance department just got the axe today. I'm thinking they see a whole bunch of money being saved for the first quarter or two but really down the road when our sloppy second beechjets are in and out of the repair stations for the same problems they're gonna regret it.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:40 PM
Last To Know First To Go

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Enjoy it boys, Ken Ricci just joined the board lol.
God be with you all.
Ricci Land is not the Magic Kingdom.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:48 PM
weekends off? Nope...

Originally Posted by DBcooper90 View Post
Maintenance department just got the axe today. I'm thinking they see a whole bunch of money being saved for the first quarter or two but really down the road when our sloppy second beechjets are in and out of the repair stations for the same problems they're gonna regret it.
Let me guess, maintenance is now contracted out to Constant?
Old 03-22-2017, 02:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

TEB MX will be Gama, but CGF certainly seems to be a hot destination.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:35 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2014

RE: Dad wants to keep working.

Just tell him he has to clean out the ****ter any time someone manages to drop a deuce on your flight, and that might set him straight. It has a tendency to stick to the bowl.

Go do some Angel Flight stuff and actually make a difference in someone's life.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:22 PM
weekends off? Nope...

Originally Posted by thehead View Post
RE: Dad wants to keep working.

Just tell him he has to clean out the ****ter any time someone manages to drop a deuce on your flight, and that might set him straight. It has a tendency to stick to the bowl.
Trying to blast off Newt Gingrich's skid marks with my own pee was a definite highlight of my 135 career. So glad go to have move onto 121 flying...