Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

TMC- Travel Management Company

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Part Time

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Chief Pilot PC-12NG

Are they only hiring into the Beechjet at this time, or are they putting new hires into the Hawker also?
Old 03-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by undflyboy06 View Post
Are they only hiring into the Beechjet at this time, or are they putting new hires into the Hawker also?
A buddy of mine just got hired into the Hawker last week.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:25 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Upgrade:

Once you have 250 in type as sole manuipulator (they call it PIC) you are eligible to upgrade.

Plan on less than one year.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

So what kind of take home pay can a new hire expect the first year?
Old 03-14-2013, 06:30 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2008

I asked a FO who had just completed year one that question. That person stayed on reserve and averaged 17 days per month.

The gross for that works out to 59,160

Net is tough to figure.

I will tell you that all benefits are a la carte and not cheap.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

How's that math work out? I think new hires are at $230/day. Add $40/day for reserve pay. 270*17*12=$55,080. If you consider the yearly bonus (1 paid day for ever 40 worked, and 2 sick days unused), that adds another 7*270=$1890. For a grand total of $56,970. Reserve has been going relatively "senior", as it is a lot more pay for a little more flexibility. It works well for my family at the moment, and most new hires are going onto a straight 15/13 sched, which for year one, is $45k.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:45 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by citationdrvrmob View Post
How's that math work out? I think new hires are at $230/day. Add $40/day for reserve pay. 270*17*12=$55,080. If you consider the yearly bonus (1 paid day for ever 40 worked, and 2 sick days unused), that adds another 7*270=$1890. For a grand total of $56,970. Reserve has been going relatively "senior", as it is a lot more pay for a little more flexibility. It works well for my family at the moment, and most new hires are going onto a straight 15/13 sched, which for year one, is $45k.
Reserve pay is $250/day. $220 on the 15/13 schedule
Old 04-10-2013, 07:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

I just finished reading this thread, and it's no wonder I haven't posted in a couple years. It's easy to pick out who are the disgruntled ones posting, just by user names or style/content of writing (just as they can easily figure out who I am). They have valid reasons for their discontent with TMC, the past 5 years have been a slow reinvention of the wheel, and somewhat of a "Guilded Age". No company will be without problems, especially a charter company. I've had my fair share of issues and complaints too. Like any other job, it is what you make of it. I didn't expect to be at TMC for 5 years, but the economy has dictated otherwise. I've seen some pretty stupid stuff done by all positions in this company, but you learn from it, become mindful of it, and try to not let history repeat itself.

As it stands, I'm pretty happy here. I've not drank any Kool-Aid, and it is only in the past few months that I've decided I'm quite content here. I think it would take a job offer from a major 121 operator to get me to consider leaving. I keep in touch with several friends that have left for the first job offered, and they regret it. Others find something that works better for them schedule or pay wise, and are absolutely happier at their new jobs. Again, it all depends on what works for you and your family, and what you make of it.

Were there obscene emails and phone calls by management on a tirade? Yes. Whatever internal system of checks and balances management started using a couple years ago has done away with that. Every now and then, someone will pull out a stored voicemail and play it for laughs. All in all, the company has matured and gotten much better since 2011. Every day at work I find something I could complain about, I'm a pilot and it's part of my nature. The thing is to not let it **** you off, and there's always a way to get beyond the immediate problem with minimal or no repercussions as long as you can justify your means. There are also things I find to be thankful for every day. I've worked in far more abysmal places.

Do we have some childish work rules? Yes. We are all adults and capable of making our own decisions, especially regarding what we do with and how we handle our rest time. Pilots keep harping on rules that aren't soon to change, but these rules were here when the job was accepted under terms of employment. The thing is to understand why these rules are in place, who put them there, and why. It is only then that you can see how to bend those rules ("There is no spoon.").

There is a lot of growth coming. 21 additional airplanes on the line by the end of summer, for a total of 68 airplanes (and around 225 pilots). With growth, there will be change, and it will be good. Management knows that our hiring qualifications (due to ARGUS and EJM) are more stringent than any of the airlines, and in order to keep GOOD people to fly all of these airplanes, conditions and pay will have to improve. I honestly feel it is a great time to be here at TMC, and good things are coming.

I'm done with the soap box, and it is just one opinion out of many. I'll kick it to the game haters for what will probably be two pages of bashing. Maybe I'll check in in another couple years to see what they had to say.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: Captain America

Originally Posted by citationdrvrmob View Post
I just finished reading this thread, and it's no wonder I haven't posted in a couple years. It's easy to pick out who are the disgruntled ones posting, just by user names or style/content of writing (just as they can easily figure out who I am). They have valid reasons for their discontent with TMC, the past 5 years have been a slow reinvention of the wheel, and somewhat of a "Guilded Age". No company will be without problems, especially a charter company. I've had my fair share of issues and complaints too. Like any other job, it is what you make of it. I didn't expect to be at TMC for 5 years, but the economy has dictated otherwise. I've seen some pretty stupid stuff done by all positions in this company, but you learn from it, become mindful of it, and try to not let history repeat itself.

As it stands, I'm pretty happy here. I've not drank any Kool-Aid, and it is only in the past few months that I've decided I'm quite content here. I think it would take a job offer from a major 121 operator to get me to consider leaving. I keep in touch with several friends that have left for the first job offered, and they regret it. Others find something that works better for them schedule or pay wise, and are absolutely happier at their new jobs. Again, it all depends on what works for you and your family, and what you make of it.

Were there obscene emails and phone calls by management on a tirade? Yes. Whatever internal system of checks and balances management started using a couple years ago has done away with that. Every now and then, someone will pull out a stored voicemail and play it for laughs. All in all, the company has matured and gotten much better since 2011. Every day at work I find something I could complain about, I'm a pilot and it's part of my nature. The thing is to not let it **** you off, and there's always a way to get beyond the immediate problem with minimal or no repercussions as long as you can justify your means. There are also things I find to be thankful for every day. I've worked in far more abysmal places.

Do we have some childish work rules? Yes. We are all adults and capable of making our own decisions, especially regarding what we do with and how we handle our rest time. Pilots keep harping on rules that aren't soon to change, but these rules were here when the job was accepted under terms of employment. The thing is to understand why these rules are in place, who put them there, and why. It is only then that you can see how to bend those rules ("There is no spoon.").

There is a lot of growth coming. 21 additional airplanes on the line by the end of summer, for a total of 68 airplanes (and around 225 pilots). With growth, there will be change, and it will be good. Management knows that our hiring qualifications (due to ARGUS and EJM) are more stringent than any of the airlines, and in order to keep GOOD people to fly all of these airplanes, conditions and pay will have to improve. I honestly feel it is a great time to be here at TMC, and good things are coming.

I'm done with the soap box, and it is just one opinion out of many. I'll kick it to the game haters for what will probably be two pages of bashing. Maybe I'll check in in another couple years to see what they had to say.
Blah...Blah...Blah... I hope you are feeling better soon!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:49 PM
patience

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by Coopspeed View Post
Upgrade:

Once you have 250 in type as sole manuipulator (they call it PIC) you are eligible to upgrade.

Plan on less than one year.
How many hours per year could one expect to average?

Does TMC still have at-home basing, or assigned domiciles?