TMC- Travel Management Company

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

TMC- Travel Management Company

Old 06-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by sushka02 View Post
Thanks! can you explain a little more. Is there anything I can do about it? I was ****ed when it happened to me but luckily my new employer let me start early.
I am so glad I left TMC. Being gone from home that long felt like a waste of my life. I am happier now and will never look back.
I would look up employment laws for Indiana. Unless they pay you 2 weeks pay, they cannot take a 2 week notice and end your employment earlier.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:22 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2011

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
I would look up employment laws for Indiana. Unless they pay you 2 weeks pay, they cannot take a 2 week notice and end your employment earlier.
Well they definitely ended it early. In the final letter they had my last day as a date two weeks earlier than I wrote when I gave notice.
They also ended my insurance early.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:02 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by sushka02 View Post
Well they definitely ended it early. In the final letter they had my last day as a date two weeks earlier than I wrote when I gave notice.
They also ended my insurance early.
ILLEGAL, times a lot...
Old 06-23-2014, 12:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B-737

Sushka02, I totally agree with you being gone that much is worthless. You miss so much and you are still barely able to enjoy the time off when you are home... I never hope I have to go back to one of those 135 operators that treats you like crap! My June is the bussiest month of this year so far. I will fly 12 days, 6 overnights, 14 hard days off and credit 119 hours. I'm finally able to enjoy life and have a balance. Good Luck
Old 06-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by beech1980 View Post
Sushka02, I totally agree with you being gone that much is worthless. You miss so much and you are still barely able to enjoy the time off when you are home... I never hope I have to go back to one of those 135 operators that treats you like crap! My June is the bussiest month of this year so far. I will fly 12 days, 6 overnights, 14 hard days off and credit 119 hours. I'm finally able to enjoy life and have a balance. Good Luck
Sounds great!
Im flying Part 91 and its a world of difference. I am respected, I have about 3 overnights a month and fly about 10 days. Most important I get to see my daughter grow up. Its not an aviation company so they don't know how to screw pilots here!
In case anyone is wondering..Im not using my type here that I got at TMC.

Last edited by sushka02; 06-23-2014 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 06-24-2014, 10:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B-737

The type rating is the least that some of these soul sucking companies could let us walk away with.... I'm glad you got out before it ruined your life as well. Sorry to sound bitter but until you do it you will never know, and if you do work for one of these companies and you say its not that bad.... Then your life is not that important to you!
Old 06-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by beech1980 View Post
The type rating is the least that some of these soul sucking companies could let us walk away with.... I'm glad you got out before it ruined your life as well. Sorry to sound bitter but until you do it you will never know, and if you do work for one of these companies and you say its not that bad.... Then your life is not that important to you!
I couldnt agree more. Im glad for the experience I guess because I learned a lot about the industry and myself.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: Captain MC12

I worked for TMC for a brief period of time. I gotta go on the record saying I enjoyed the flying there. Was very laid back. You knew your schedule a few days in advance and they pretty much stuck to it. The aircraft were all well maintained. My favorite part...the 15/13 schedule. Go ahead and shoot me but 13 straight off was enough time to go anywhere and do about anything. I'd love to have that schedule back. Never felt fatigued.
Now the money is low pretty much across the industry. I dont think TMC is trying to keep pilots. Its more of a time builder unfortunately. But the job itself... loved it. Lived anywhere I wanted too. Its a great place to build jet time and gain experience. Hopefully someday they will see the value of keeping their pilots long term.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

I talked to one of their Captains headed down the elevator in the morning in Charleston one day(was a pretty nice hotel btw). He said he was liking it and was relatively new. Said starting pay was something like 46k.......

I worked for a mapping company for a while and you didnt know when you were coming or going...that sucked. 15/13 sounds like a good deal. I wonder what the real payscale is really like.

No beer for two weeks....dont know if i could handle that.

Ive sent them a couple resumes, however no results.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Line Holder

Position: Captain MC12

I think as captain they top out about 90k which is very low. As far as the beer...yeah its a policy. But there were times when we knew no chance of flying due to duty time issues and we had some drinks. Sure, they could call you at a moments notice, but like I said the schedule does not change as often as it does in the fractional world. I'm currently in afgan and have been working here for 3 years. I've gone 7 months without a beer. Now that sucks!