Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

TMC- Travel Management Company

Old 05-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B-737
Default TMC- Travel Management Company

Does anyone have the inside info on this company? Is it a pleasant place to work? Do they start you more than 45k if you meet and exceed all of the captains minimums? Do they pay per diem? Do you get crew food on short turns or early starts? Do you stay in nice hotels or the flea bag inn? Is the moral positive being that it's a 15/13 work schedule? How long is it from new hire to upgrade? Any other info good or bad would be appreciated.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Unless you really really needed a job....................
Old 05-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Tell me what you have heard? I may really want to leave my current job. What attracts me is the home basing. I'm currently working for a operation where u are off when the plane is in mx. I am also living in a city I don't want to be in.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Banned

It may be a toss up then. Living where you want is a definite plus.

We had some furloughees go there. And it wasn't a good experience for the most part. Definitely better places to work, but unfortunately those better places aren't all hiring. Use it to gain experience until something better comes is my advice...

I wouldn't go there expecting to be happy for very long once the new company stink wears off.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by kingairfun View Post
Unless you really really needed a job....................
This coming from someone who is furloughed from NetJets...

No crew food like NetJets, then again TMC doesn't have 450 on the street. Usually stay at the lower end Hilton/Marriott properties, ie Embassy, Hampton, ect. Great group of people at TMC. Get a lot of trips thru brokers, which can be annoying.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by topprospect16 View Post

No crew food like NetJets, then again TMC doesn't have 450 on the street. Usually stay at the lower end Hilton/Marriott properties, ie Embassy, Hampton, ect. Great group of people at TMC. Get a lot of trips thru brokers, which can be annoying.
Well since I don't really really need a job..yes...would I leave a halfway decent job to go to TMC...no...

I have heard from several people who have passed through TMC (not all of them NJ) who haven't had much good to say about them....And from what I've heard, there have been atleast a couple newhires who were almost immediately layed off from TMC. You don't have a union therefore a furlough is not an option. It is called a layoff in the regular world.

Needing a job is one thing, leaving another job is another.

The OP asked what anyone knows about them, I posted what I've heard first hand.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by topprospect16 View Post

Slightly off kilter - but what are the higher end properties?
Last two jobs I've had I've stayed mainly at Hampton and Embassy (Hiltons), or Residence Inns for Marriott properties, and have found them to be very nice places to stay. The Embassy I stayed at for Initial had one of the best breakfasts that I've ever seen at a hotel, but then again I don't claim to have stayed at many 5 stars hotels either

USMCFLYR
Old 05-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Slightly off kilter - but what are the higher end properties?
Last two jobs I've had I've stayed mainly at Hampton and Embassy (Hiltons), or Residence Inns for Marriott properties, and have found them to be very nice places to stay. The Embassy I stayed at for Initial had one of the best breakfasts that I've ever seen at a hotel, but then again I don't claim to have stayed at many 5 stars hotels either

USMCFLYR
Didn't say there was anything wrong with them, just in essence stating your not taking the mainline Hilton/Marriott hotel shuttle sitting next to a NetJet crew...
Old 05-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

at my current job we stay at hamptons and courtyards often. I've heard horror stories from other crews that stay at the $29.99 motel 6's in the worst part of town, not from TMC crews. just saying. I am also not looking at staying long term unless they could compete with what some of the top fracs have to offer. I just want to be able live where I want. I've had a lot of changes in my life over the past year. Do you get raises every year or are they on a pay freeze?
Old 06-15-2011, 07:37 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2010

I was there. Pay, Per Diem and Hotels, while not great, are not the problem. 135 On Demand and the FAA's willingness to look the other way on rest issues is the problem. No Flt. Ops. or dispatch support is the problem. Yer on yer own.

TMC is better than no job but worse than most jobs you already have. Yea, home based is nice but 15 on/13 off SUCKS!

The bloom will be off the on day 2 of Indoc. when they tell you that you won't be able to have a beer while on your 2 week rotation.