Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Gulfstream Jobs in LA

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 03:07 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Default Gulfstream Jobs in LA

Hey all, I am new to the forums. I'm in the Air Force and from LA. I would like to head back there and fly Gulfstreams in the future. I am typed and current (to include regular pro/refresher sims at Flight Safety) in the GIVSP and GV...any jobs out there? Also, haven't had a civ FAA physical in 10 years, any recs? Cheers!
Old 07-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Yos21 View Post
Hey all, I am new to the forums. I'm in the Air Force and from LA. I would like to head back there and fly Gulfstreams in the future. I am typed and current (to include regular pro/refresher sims at Flight Safety) in the GIVSP and GV...any jobs out there? Also, haven't had a civ FAA physical in 10 years, any recs? Cheers!
You could join the NBAA and they have a listing of registered corporate fllight departments listed by city/state I think. At least you could see who is flying what it the areas that you are interested in.
As far as AMEs or civilian recs - if you are passing a 1st class military physical, then there is nothing to worry about with a 1st Class FAA physical!
Maybe you should/could find out if there are any military flight surgeons around that an also give the civvie 1st class.

USMCFLYR

Last edited by USMCFLYR; 07-11-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: A320 Captain

Originally Posted by Yos21 View Post

Louisiana or Los Angeles? The Air Force Gulfstream Mafia is a pretty close knit group and I've never seen them looking for work for long periods of time.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 320 F.O.

Originally Posted by pilotgolfer View Post
Louisiana or Los Angeles? The Air Force Gulfstream Mafia is a pretty close knit group and I've never seen them looking for work for long periods of time.
Check out Clay lacy, Avjet,
Elite, ARI, TWC and Corporate Jets. I know people that work at these company's or I have worked for these company's and they are good P135 operators of Gulfstream aircraft. I live in the LA area (Van Nuys is my closest airport) and have worked here for 15 of my 20 years of aviation experience. Feel free to pm me with more questions.