Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   L-3/Dynamic/Avenge (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/60786-l-3-dynamic-avenge.html)

majorpilot 04-22-2019 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by JohnBurke (Post 2803747)
How odd. It seems like just yesterday that the white house was pencil whipping them out by the hundreds...

Only if you’re a big campaign contributor, own some masseuse parlors that provide an service to your friends, are a true swamp creature, or are married/related to The Don...

For the rest of us poor slobs, suck it up! It’s only our country...and OUR money...

OtherGuy 06-13-2019 07:55 AM

L3 and members of the military....

L3 seemed to have an issue with members of the military...and got pinched for it.

https://l3userraclassaction.com/courtdocuments.html

JohnBurke 06-13-2019 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by OtherGuy (Post 2836044)
L3 seemed to have an issue with members of the military...and got pinched for it.

https://l3userraclassaction.com/courtdocuments.html

That's a settlement, not a court ruling, and it's for those claiming that they were not hired based on their status as USAF Reserve members in Washington State. A USERRA claim. Those awarded money claim they didn't get hired because of their status as reserve members. The claim, as class-action, extends to any who applied in the specified time frame, and who were Washington reserve or guard, who had at least 2,000 hours of flight time, or ISR experience, or King Air experience. Even if they were not hired for other reasons...the mere fact that they fall in that category means they get a share of the settlement.

That's a far cry from establishing that L3 has a problem with service members.

An ANG member who has flown a King Air and whipped out an application, who didn't get hired, gets a payout. Free money, not for having done anything, but for not having done anything.

Imagine if all the others who didn't get hired by L3 during that time could get a piece of the pie...

StandardBrief 06-13-2019 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by JohnBurke (Post 2836061)
That's a settlement, not a court ruling, and it's for those claiming that they were not hired based on their status as USAF Reserve members in Washington State. A USERRA claim. Those awarded money claim they didn't get hired because of their status as reserve members. The claim, as class-action, extends to any who applied in the specified time frame, and who were Washington reserve or guard, who had at least 2,000 hours of flight time, or ISR experience, or King Air experience. Even if they were not hired for other reasons...the mere fact that they fall in that category means they get a share of the settlement.

That's a far cry from establishing that L3 has a problem with service members.

An ANG member who has flown a King Air and whipped out an application, who didn't get hired, gets a payout. Free money, not for having done anything, but for not having done anything.

Imagine if all the others who didn't get hired by L3 during that time could get a piece of the pie...

I am certain they would hire them now.

JohnBurke 06-13-2019 11:46 AM

Yes. Everyone that wasn't hired before will get hired now.

Sound logic.

Not.

StandardBrief 06-13-2019 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by JohnBurke (Post 2836162)
Yes. Everyone that wasn't hired before will get hired now.

Sound logic.

Not.

I am referring to the massive turnover rate of pilots at L3 (or all of the ISR companies). They are hurting in a bad way to put people in the seats. We're hiring people with zero turboprop time and in some cases of SICs, zero multi-engine time. The company is paying for people to get commercial MEL add-ons. If those people who were affected by that lawsuit were to apply now, I am sure many of them would get hired. I wouldn't say getting hired here is as easy as getting hired by a regional, but if you can interview well and don't have anything holding you back from a clearance, your chances are good.

JohnBurke 06-13-2019 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by StandardBrief (Post 2836309)
I am referring to the massive turnover rate of pilots at L3 (or all of the ISR companies). They are hurting in a bad way to put people in the seats. We're hiring people with zero turboprop time and in some cases of SICs, zero multi-engine time. The company is paying for people to get commercial MEL add-ons. If those people who were affected by that lawsuit were to apply now, I am sure many of them would get hired. I wouldn't say getting hired here is as easy as getting hired by a regional, but if you can interview well and don't have anything holding you back from a clearance, your chances are good.

Ah.

Times have changed, that's for sure.

DeeDee214 06-14-2019 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by StandardBrief (Post 2836309)

So with that being said, would 900TT, 20ME, instrument proficient and an active SECRET clearance be considered? I'm retiring after 20 years active duty USCG in September. Total time should be around 1000 by then. Points of clarification. I'm not a military aviator. I have no turboprop time. Hiring question pertains to an SIC position.

StandardBrief 06-14-2019 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by DeeDee214 (Post 2836565)
So with that being said, would 900TT, 20ME, instrument proficient and an active SECRET clearance be considered? I'm retiring after 20 years active duty USCG in September. Total time should be around 1000 by then. Points of clarification. I'm not a military aviator. I have no turboprop time. Hiring question pertains to an SIC position.

As long as you meet the minimums for the position in question you should be considered. Bare minimums for SIC are 1000 total time and 500 hours PIC time. Those are hard numbers, unable to be waived by the company due to government required minimums.

DeeDee214 06-14-2019 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by StandardBrief (Post 2836805)
As long as you meet the minimums for the position in question you should be considered. Bare minimums for SIC are 1000 total time and 500 hours PIC time. Those are hard numbers, unable to be waived by the company due to government required minimums.

Roger. Thank you.