Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: Pressing On
Default L-3/Dynamic/Avenge

Minimalist Compare and Contrast:

W-2 or Contract Employee?

Training Contract?

Pay?

Conditions?

So far I know L-3 and Avenge are W-2 employers. Avenge pays 19,500 a month overseas. Avenge travels coach and is 60 on 60 off. Dynamic 107 on 97 off.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Here are a few other threads that will already answer most questions that you have.

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/pa...08-avenge.html

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/pa...iation-l3.html

Using any of the names in your title and doing a 'title' search will lead to numerous other threads with the answers that you are searching for.

Good hunting and reading.

USMCFLYR
Old 07-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Dynamic is W-2 as well. The info in the other threads is excellent. A new thread may condense and update the status of these companies.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:45 AM
New Hire

Hi All,

I got the interview and the call to work for Dynamic recently, and I had to sweat for a a week or so to get the interim clearance.

I was wondering if anyone can answer any practical questions on accomadations when deployed in the different areas. No, I'm not talking about a big tub to take bubble baths in lol. I kinda know what to expect on that.

What I'm wondering about is civilian communications such as Skype, internet, etc. Will I be able to Skype with my kids? Will I be able or have time to take an internet class? What's the access to internet like?

I'd appreciate any comments you can or are allowed to give.

Thanks
Old 07-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Your conectivity to "the world" depends on the type of contract the company is supporting and your particular bed down location. In my case, because of security, Skype was not allowed in our living area although it was allowed in the MWR (moral welfare recreation), building / tent. Same goes for general internet use---all depends on your particular location. Iraq is generally better in terms of infrastructure than Afghan.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: A300, FO

Originally Posted by captbd View Post
Hi All,

I got the interview and the call to work for Dynamic recently, and I had to sweat for a a week or so to get the interim clearance.

I was wondering if anyone can answer any practical questions on accomadations when deployed in the different areas. No, I'm not talking about a big tub to take bubble baths in lol. I kinda know what to expect on that.

What I'm wondering about is civilian communications such as Skype, internet, etc. Will I be able to Skype with my kids? Will I be able or have time to take an internet class? What's the access to internet like?

I'd appreciate any comments you can or are allowed to give.

Thanks
can i ask what your quals are? I got turned down after the phone interview I have no Tprop PIC but 2200 Jet pic and 600 hours SIC in a turbo prop 230 in the dash.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:15 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2010

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Here are a few other threads that will already answer most questions that you have.

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/pa...08-avenge.html

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/pa...iation-l3.html

Using any of the names in your title and doing a 'title' search will lead to numerous other threads with the answers that you are searching for.

Good hunting and reading.

USMCFLYR
What happened to the monster L3 Dynamic thread? I can't seem to find/access it.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Sigman View Post
What happened to the monster L3 Dynamic thread? I can't seem to find/access it.
The one that is 55 pages long and has 545 posts is the second link in the post you quoted from me.

USMCFLYR
Old 07-22-2011, 01:40 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2010

I keep getting this message:

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
I can't find it through the search engine either.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:47 PM
New Hire

Originally Posted by atr42flyer View Post
can i ask what your quals are? I got turned down after the phone interview I have no Tprop PIC but 2200 Jet pic and 600 hours SIC in a turbo prop 230 in the dash.

900 PIC King Air, BE99, And BE1900
3600 TT
350 Act
1100 Dual Given
600 SIC Jet