Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

L-3/Dynamic/Avenge

Old 05-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Turboprop guy..

Hi All,

I have an interview with Dynamic next month. I would like to get in touch with someone who might be with them now, or who was with them in the last year or so. Would love to ask a couple questions... pm's welcome.... thanks
Old 05-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: Licking the window

Originally Posted by Natca View Post
Since the previous post have been deleted, does any one have info on the hiring process at L-3 i.e. gouge, length, number of interviews and test?
The official hiring process is to apply on their website and wait. The unofficial hiring process is to talk to them in a deployed location or have someone bring your resume in to their chief pilot.

My personal experience is I walked a resume in to their lead pilot while deployed with the AF. I had an interview there, and he passed on my info to the chief pilot. I was called for a phone interview about 6 months later (I wasn't available until then) and after that I was hired. No test, no sims, just basic questions about willingness to live in crappy locations and what you know about their mission.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by Locke View Post
The official hiring process is to apply on their website and wait. The unofficial hiring process is to talk to them in a deployed location or have someone bring your resume in to their chief pilot.

My personal experience is I walked a resume in to their lead pilot while deployed with the AF. I had an interview there, and he passed on my info to the chief pilot. I was called for a phone interview about 6 months later (I wasn't available until then) and after that I was hired. No test, no sims, just basic questions about willingness to live in crappy locations and what you know about their mission.
I have a phone interview with the CP at L-3 next week. Is that all I will expect? Does he ask any other questions? Thanks for your help
Old 05-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2011
Position: 2 Min for Roughing

I had a chat with those guys last week at an undisclosed location and they said the same thing. know a guy, meet a guy, get a phone call/interview, get a contract, sign contract get a plane ticket in the mail. The irony is even w/ Fed Ex type mins I don't have any turbo prop time and that's becoming an insurance req. I'd have to go slumming to get the type of time they want.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: Licking the window

Originally Posted by skywalkerta View Post
I have a phone interview with the CP at L-3 next week. Is that all I will expect? Does he ask any other questions? Thanks for your help
Check your PM
Old 05-19-2012, 05:17 PM
ULTP-Ultra Low Tier Pilot

Joined APC: Dec 2007

I had a chat with those guys last week at an undisclosed location and they said the same thing. know a guy, meet a guy, get a phone call/interview, get a contract, sign contract get a plane ticket in the mail. The irony is even w/ Fed Ex type mins I don't have any turbo prop time and that's becoming an insurance req. I'd have to go slumming to get the type of time they want.
Ironic that I don't have any precious jet time and only have turbo prop time; it was my t prop time that got me the job, not jet time.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Check your PM
Can I get a pm too?
Old 05-20-2012, 01:55 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: B-737/C-17

10 characters
Old 05-20-2012, 10:04 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by The Juice View Post
Ironic that I don't have any precious jet time and only have turbo prop time; it was my t prop time that got me the job, not jet time.
I am an ATP MEL with 3000 total, 1000 turbine (helicopter), 500 MEL, etc. Been deployed 3 times, and have flown ISR missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. I have a SECRET security clearance.

I have zero king air time (or turboprop), and didn't get an interview. They really want turboprop time.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: SA2000

Originally Posted by weekendwarrior View Post
I am an ATP MEL with 3000 total, 1000 turbine (helicopter), 500 MEL, etc. Been deployed 3 times, and have flown ISR missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. I have a SECRET security clearance.

I have zero king air time (or turboprop), and didn't get an interview. They really want turboprop time.
I have the opposite problem, over 8,000 hrs. of turbo prop time. But I don't know anyone at any of the ISR employers.....yet.