Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

L-3/Dynamic/Avenge

Old 07-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: BE200

Originally Posted by UBOAT DRIVER View Post
No disrespect about your experience but when you have these ex- military pilots getting turned down when they have very good credentials and high quality of flight time I don't think that is a valid point you made. In case you are wondering, all my flying has been in the civilian world.
Well of course there are other skills that they are looking for, but all I was saying is they implied that they placed high importance on what kind of past experience you had, more so than a number of hours in a plane. I didn't say that I was so incredibly qualified that they couldn't say no. All I meant was that I have relatively low total time, yet I managed to receive an offer.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:08 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2011
Position: overseas contractor
Default Avenge

Anybody know what Avenge is paying these days. I saw they had announcement out and it stated excellent salary and benefits.
Thanks
Old 08-10-2012, 11:12 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2011
Position: overseas contractor
Default Dyncorp International

I saw an earlier post suggesting someone get on with AAR or Evergreen flying helicopters. Don't forget to add Dyncorp International to your search as well. They fly UH-1HP's in Afghanistan.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:46 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2012
Position: MD11 FO

We start out at $38.00/hr and usually give a 3% pay raises on your hire date each year. There is some stateside work, but it is sporadic and few....and it almost exclusively goes to guys that have been with the company a long time and have paid their dues overseas for a few years. So, the bulk of all new hires will go into the KingAir 300/350 and rotate on a 60 on 60 off schedule. As stated earlier...you'll be paid $38/hour for an 8 hour work day...or about $300/day base pay. In addition to this you will receive another approximately $350 in hazardous duty pay and allowances. This means that a new hire will make about $650/day...or about $20,000 in a 31 day month while overseas. When doing training...any training in the states, they will pay you your hourly rate while traveling to and from training as well as 8 hours minimum for the training day itself. Anything over 8 in foreign lands doesn't count...anything in the states does. So, if you worked a 15 hour day in Afghanistan (you will probably never come even close to this but I'm just saying) you would only get paid for 8. If in the states you would get whatever you worked...with an 8 hour minimum. So, if you stayed in the sim for your recurrent 24 hours...you'd be paid for 24 hours. There's a lot of rumors about the ISR players, but I can tell you that after working for Avenge (and deploying to Iraq and Afghanistan) for the last 6 1/2 years....these are a classy bunch of guys. As with any job that requires alot of time away from home, this job isn't for everyone, but the few that can hang....truly hang...in tough austere environments, it's a GREAT job!! I couldn't possibly say enough good things about Avenge and no..I'm not a corporate guy.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by Dash7AV8R View Post
We start out at $38.00/hr and usually give a 3% pay raises on your hire date each year. There is some stateside work, but it is sporadic and few....and it almost exclusively goes to guys that have been with the company a long time and have paid their dues overseas for a few years. So, the bulk of all new hires will go into the KingAir 300/350 and rotate on a 60 on 60 off schedule. As stated earlier...you'll be paid $38/hour for an 8 hour work day...or about $300/day base pay. In addition to this you will receive another approximately $350 in hazardous duty pay and allowances. This means that a new hire will make about $650/day...or about $20,000 in a 31 day month while overseas. When doing training...any training in the states, they will pay you your hourly rate while traveling to and from training as well as 8 hours minimum for the training day itself. Anything over 8 in foreign lands doesn't count...anything in the states does. So, if you worked a 15 hour day in Afghanistan (you will probably never come even close to this but I'm just saying) you would only get paid for 8. If in the states you would get whatever you worked...with an 8 hour minimum. So, if you stayed in the sim for your recurrent 24 hours...you'd be paid for 24 hours. There's a lot of rumors about the ISR players, but I can tell you that after working for Avenge (and deploying to Iraq and Afghanistan) for the last 6 1/2 years....these are a classy bunch of guys. As with any job that requires alot of time away from home, this job isn't for everyone, but the few that can hang....truly hang...in tough austere environments, it's a GREAT job!! I couldn't possibly say enough good things about Avenge and no..I'm not a corporate guy.
I thought I heard that Dynamic requires PIC time, but I did not see that on their website.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:47 PM
On Reserve

ArcherDvr:
I don't work for Dynamic though we do have a couple of guys that used to long ago. I suspect that Dynamic is very much like us though. I'm definitely not the gatekeeper, however I suspect that in order to be competitive at getting a response back from the Human Resource folks at Avenge, you'll probably need in excess of what you'd see for a regional airline ...but with prop time (like a Colgan). So, unfortunately for the jet guys, (I'm a DA-20 Falcon Jet dude also) they would probably not look at you unless you had the proper number of hours of prop time...and the right TYPE of those hours, such as PIC time. But having deployed ISR time in those hours would definitely help as well. I was fortunate enough to have been an RC-12 pilot while on active duty in the Army, so I was lucky. Others are not so lucky and I feel for them, but it is what it is. Jet pilots are for sure, every bit as good, if not better than the prop guys. It just has to deal with the type of flying done over here...and it's almost exclusively props. So, to answer you're question....yes: you will need the proper number of PIC hours. The real question and answer should be: How many PIC hours of ME turbo prop time? ....and with that one I can't really help, but I would suspect in the 400-500 hour range or so. It's been quite a few years ago, but we hired on an Air Force KC135 guy (at least I think thats what he flew) with about 400 hours of KingAir time...and non of it was PIC. So stuff does happen within the magical crystal ball sometimes. Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions about Avenge.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by Dash7AV8R View Post
ArcherDvr:
I don't work for Dynamic though we do have a couple of guys that used to long ago. I suspect that Dynamic is very much like us though. I'm definitely not the gatekeeper, however I suspect that in order to be competitive at getting a response back from the Human Resource folks at Avenge, you'll probably need in excess of what you'd see for a regional airline ...but with prop time (like a Colgan). So, unfortunately for the jet guys, (I'm a DA-20 Falcon Jet dude also) they would probably not look at you unless you had the proper number of hours of prop time...and the right TYPE of those hours, such as PIC time. But having deployed ISR time in those hours would definitely help as well. I was fortunate enough to have been an RC-12 pilot while on active duty in the Army, so I was lucky. Others are not so lucky and I feel for them, but it is what it is. Jet pilots are for sure, every bit as good, if not better than the prop guys. It just has to deal with the type of flying done over here...and it's almost exclusively props. So, to answer you're question....yes: you will need the proper number of PIC hours. The real question and answer should be: How many PIC hours of ME turbo prop time? ....and with that one I can't really help, but I would suspect in the 400-500 hour range or so. It's been quite a few years ago, but we hired on an Air Force KC135 guy (at least I think thats what he flew) with about 400 hours of KingAir time...and non of it was PIC. So stuff does happen within the magical crystal ball sometimes. Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions about Avenge.
Wow, thank's for the information. I'm actually a prop guy, Dash-8, however only 200 SIC right now. Based on what your saying though it's a good idea to stick it out in the Dash till I get the time, right.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:15 PM
New Hire

Position: Flap's Operator

Hello all,

I am currently a 121 guy flying the line in the right seat of a Saab and I'm wanting to get on with Dynamic.
Unfortunately I do not know anyone flying for them.
I have been to their website and understand their published min's but would love to hear from anyone working for or used to work form them as to the chances of getting in with slightly less than published.
I currently have 865tt and counting, 415 TP, 310 Bush flying in Alaska in 208's, PA-32's & C-182's, and am SIC typed on the Saab.

Anyone with insight I would love to hear from you.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:50 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by ArcherDvr View Post
Wow, thank's for the information. I'm actually a prop guy, Dash-8, however only 200 SIC right now. Based on what your saying though it's a good idea to stick it out in the Dash till I get the time, right.
Yes, thats what I'm saying. You are actually in the right job to start accumulating enough Turbine prop time to apply. Again, the PIC for turbine prop is important, but as I alluded to in the earlier post...we have hired others in the past without having PC time in the kingair, but that guy had a gazillion PC hours on KC 135's, thus they granted a "pass". HOWEVER, that was back in 2006 and I haven't seen anyone get hired without at least some Tubo Prop PC time lately...and the more the better. You are in the perfect job for getting hired on by Avenge as we have Dash 7's and if you had more flight time I might be able to help you. Try to stick it out until you can get some PC time in the Dash 8. If you can get lets say 300 hours PC time and total time of around 1500, with an ATP, that would be good enough.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:32 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: BE250

Is turbine PIC time in a Caravan competitive for Dynamic ISR or are they strict about about multi turbine PIC? I meet all their minimums except for that and have an A&P.