Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

L-3/Dynamic/Avenge

Old 10-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2011
Position: Reclined

Originally Posted by FLSTCI View Post
And me as well. Does anyone have a good idea of the sim profile? I could set it up and fly it on my PC in MSFS. I appreciate it!
When I did it in June it was Chino to Long Beach. No hold needed on the climb out of Chino then hold at LGB for the ILS to 31 (I think) then missed app and hold as published over the pacific SW of LA. Pretty straight forward. Practicing it on Xplane 9 made it easy.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: BE200

The fact that people go out and practice the sim profiles is pretty disappointing to those folks of us who went and flew the sim after simply studying the charts and the clearance. I'm sure my opinion is unpopular, but this sim gouge thing is as much cheating as copying your partners answers.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:47 AM
More Cowbell!!!

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Spreading the LUV from the "Write" seat!!!

Originally Posted by bcaviator View Post
The fact that people go out and practice the sim profiles is pretty disappointing to those folks of us who went and flew the sim after simply studying the charts and the clearance. I'm sure my opinion is unpopular, but this sim gouge thing is as much cheating as copying your partners answers.
I wouldn't put it in the same category as copying your partners answers, you still have to fly the airplane. I'd look at it as chair flying your event prior to flying it. Furthermore, part of my mission planning for each flight is breaking out the approach plate and becoming familiar with the available approaches and departure procedures, trouble T's, etc. Just my two cents...
Old 10-08-2012, 03:16 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: FO again
Default L3

Anyone get hired that applied in July???
Old 10-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Now flying the lite twin.

I applied back in the middle of August, I did not get called for an interview until the last week of September. The HR lady said they were done with classes for 2012 but were interviewing and hiring for a pool for classes after the first of the year.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:30 PM
More Cowbell!!!

Originally Posted by niteav8tor View Post
I applied back in the middle of August, I did not get called for an interview until the last week of September. The HR lady said they were done with classes for 2012 but were interviewing and hiring for a pool for classes after the first of the year.
+1, interview on Thursday.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:43 PM
On Reserve

Default L3

Thanks for the responses guys......
Old 10-08-2012, 03:58 PM
More Cowbell!!!

Originally Posted by rumrunnr03 View Post
Thanks for the responses guys......
Sorry, that was for Dynamic not L3. For what it's worth, my buddy did a phone interview with L3 on Thursday of last week. Lasted less than 15 minutes and was offered a job. He had about 800 hours of military King Air time and over 3K hours total. Half of that time is helo time and he had an internal rec. He goes terminal from the Navy this week.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:01 PM
On Reserve

Default L3

Originally Posted by niteav8tor View Post
Check your pm....
Old 10-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: BE200

Originally Posted by rumrunnr03 View Post
Anyone get hired that applied in July???

Maaaaaayyyybeeee