Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

L-3/Dynamic/Avenge

Old 12-12-2013, 04:41 AM
Working weekends

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by Junglejett View Post
Not true...while it is preferable, it is not a show stopper.

Avenge is hurting for pilots...big time.

E2...reply with the pay they offer. I cannot get a straight answer from them.
Thank you for the info jungle
Old 12-12-2013, 05:55 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Narrow/Left Wide/Right

Originally Posted by satpak77 View Post
I have heard (info within last 6 months) that without a Top Secret Clearance and a military or law enforcement op background, you have slim chance of being called.
E2...reply with the pay they offer. I cannot get a straight answer from them.
That should be a sign right there, no?
Old 12-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: BE350 PIC

I'll report back if I get that far.

I have an active TS/SCI and flew for the Navy for 12 years, so I do meet those wickets.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Working weekends

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Left Seat

reportedly a class is in session now for Avenge.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:31 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2011

Here is what I've been told. There was some movement by the prime to pull back the contract from Avenge (I was told they are a sub) in a cost savings maneuver. The prime tried to do it on the cheap and did not get much interest (I actually talked to them and it was not very good money and told them as much…way less than $100K per year but with benefits). In the interim Avenge lost a significant number of pilots due to the uncertainty. Eventually, the prime gave Avenge a two year extension at the same rate….complex but basically $20K per month when deployed without benefits. I have friends working for Avenge and it is the standard deployment ground hog day but they say it is low stress, decent money and a good group of personnel.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:33 AM
On Reserve

If interested you guys might want to check Lockheed Martin's website since they are filling a recently awarded contract in similar platform and mission set.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

What Toad said...except for the money. New hire pay is not 20K a month.

LM is looking to replace Avenge for 180 days worth of work for less than 60K a year...last I heard. I cannot fathom that would ever happen. I do not know many who will go over there for that little bit of money.

Originally Posted by tankertoadau92 View Post
If interested you guys might want to check Lockheed Martin's website since they are filling a recently awarded contract in similar platform and mission set.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:54 AM
On Reserve

Junglejet, what is new hire pay? And are you referring to LM or Avenge? I agree with the basic figure you quoted for when the prime was trying to pull the contract back. When I talked to them in this instance they had a couple of takers at that rate and I submitted to HR over the phone that these folks either were not highly qualified in the aircraft or mission set or had some other issues. They did not contest my statement.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

I do not know what Avenge new hire pay is...they keep that info close.

LM pay sucks..plain and simple.

Junglejet, what is new hire pay? And are you referring to LM or Avenge? I agree with the basic figure you quoted for when the prime was trying to pull the contract back. When I talked to them in this instance they had a couple of takers at that rate and I submitted to HR over the phone that these folks either were not highly qualified in the aircraft or mission set or had some other issues. They did not contest my statement.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:26 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2012
Position: MD11 FO

Here is what I've been told. There was some movement by the prime to pull back the contract from Avenge (I was told they are a sub) in a cost savings maneuver. The prime tried to do it on the cheap and did not get much interest (I actually talked to them and it was not very good money and told them as much…way less than $100K per year but with benefits). In the interim Avenge lost a significant number of pilots due to the uncertainty. Eventually, the prime gave Avenge a two year extension at the same rate….complex but basically $20K per month when deployed without benefits. I have friends working for Avenge and it is the standard deployment ground hog day but they say it is low stress, decent money and a good group of personnel.
This post is pretty much dead-on accurate. We lost a significant number of pilots in only two months, but the ones that decided to hold out are excellent guys to work with. The pay, even for the new hires, is still not bad.