Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

L-3/Dynamic/Avenge

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 09:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Has anyone done a phone interview with L3 recently?

I had a pre-screen interview with an HR person and am now going to be talking to an assistant chief pilot.

Here is the advice they gave me for it:

DETAILS: The interview is scheduled for 30 minutes and is conducted by a Program Chief Pilot/Assistant Chief Pilot who will call you at the given number(s) above. There will be technical (multi-engine airplane), CRM (have a scenario ready) and pre-employment/HR related questions covered. It is a good idea to have your resume in front of you as we will ask for a brief career summary.

Anyone have advice on specific questions that they ask you? Any technical king air systems questions?

What kind of CRM is a good example to use? I do not have too much crew experience. The only CRM example I can think of is giving the other pilot advice on a heavy crosswind landing or braking before crossing a runway because the Captain thought we had a clearance.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Some advice about the L3 phone interview:

I got asked about Vmc, takeoff field distance, accelerate go, and accelerate stop.

They use the Proline 21, so probably a good thing to list that time on your resume if you have it and mention it in the interview.

If you have never had a security clearance before than your odds of getting hired are less.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:00 AM
On a beach with no ocean

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: Unmanned
Default Thanks

Thanks for that! Everyone seems to be tight lipped about the interview process at places like dynamic and L-3.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:03 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: ATR42/72 FO

Hey does anyone know if there is any leniency on the hours? I have everything except the 300 multi PIC. I have an ATP and plenty of PIC single engine and Multi turbo prop but it's SIC.
Old 02-23-2019, 05:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by motorhead87 View Post
Hey does anyone know if there is any leniency on the hours? I have everything except the 300 multi PIC. I have an ATP and plenty of PIC single engine and Multi turbo prop but it's SIC.
There are DCMA 8210 minimum hour requirements that must be met.

However, we have an SIC program. Please apply now. Folks have come out here with a wet Multi cert and less than 40 FWME hours. Depending on how you are hired you would likely need 180 deployed days or 300 flight hours in the program before upgrading to PIC.

Flight Time Requirements
FAA Part 91 (Current)
Minimum of 1,000 hours of total documented flight time
500 hours Pilot in Command (PIC)

When evaluating the flight time of applicants meeting the basic qualifications, consideration will be given to, among other things, quality, quantity, recent experience, and verifiability of training; complexity of aircraft flown; types of flight operations; and hours flown as PIC in turbine powered aircraft. Applicants invited to interview must provide appropriate documentation of all flight hours.

Preferred Requirements
Commercial Pilot Certificate with Airplane – Multiengine Land rating
200 hours Turbine time
200 hours of Instrument (actual) time
300 hours airplane multi-engine land
Aviation tactical employment experience

Other
Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a final DoD Secret Clearance
Pre-employment drug test and a medical exam administered by L-3
Criminal history records check and a background check will be performed.

General Requirements
21 years of age
US Citizenship
Current US passport
Valid State Driver’s License
Read, write, speak and understand English

Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.

US Security Clearance Required: Secret
Schedule: Full-time
Shift: Rotating
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Old 02-26-2019, 11:01 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: ATR42/72 FO

Originally Posted by Clue32 View Post

However, we have an SIC program. Please apply now. Folks have come out here with a wet Multi cert and less than 40 FWME hours. Depending on how you are hired you would likely need 180 deployed days or 300 flight hours in the program before upgrading to PIC.

Flight Time Requirements
FAA Part 91 (Current)
Minimum of 1,000 hours of total documented flight time
500 hours Pilot in Command (PIC)

When evaluating the flight time of applicants meeting the basic qualifications, consideration will be given to, among other things, quality, quantity, recent experience, and verifiability of training; complexity of aircraft flown; types of flight operations; and hours flown as PIC in turbine powered aircraft. Applicants invited to interview must provide appropriate documentation of all flight hours.

Preferred Requirements
Commercial Pilot Certificate with Airplane – Multiengine Land rating
200 hours Turbine time
200 hours of Instrument (actual) time
300 hours airplane multi-engine land
Aviation tactical employment experience

Other
Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a final DoD Secret Clearance
Pre-employment drug test and a medical exam administered by L-3
Criminal history records check and a background check will be performed.

General Requirements
21 years of age
US Citizenship
Current US passport
Valid State Driver’s License
Read, write, speak and understand English

Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.

US Security Clearance Required: Secret
Schedule: Full-time
Shift: Rotating
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time

Thanks, I'm guessing you are with L3? Looks like their requirements. What would the pay be starting out as SIC then once I can hold PIC? Feel free to PM me if you prefer
Old 03-04-2019, 11:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Had a question for the guys with previous ISR experience:

When filling out the consumer report form, there is a line that says: List any other countries, cities, and states in which you have lived during the previous 7 years.

What counts as living in another country? 30 or 60 days spent in that country?

I do not really want to list all the countries I have visited in the last 7 years because I feel like that would really slow down the Consumer Report.

What do you recommend for filling out this form when it comes to taking international vacations over the last 7 years?
Old 03-05-2019, 12:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Clue32,

Are you currently working for L3? My son is interested in doing this type of work and I was hoping to more intel from someone in the field. He has his CFI/COMM/INST/ME. Working on his II at this time. Has about 300 total hours, but that will increase as he starts his new job of flight instructing.

Any intel would be appreciated. You can PM me if that is a better way.

Thanks,

Justfun
Old 03-05-2019, 03:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Originally Posted by Clue32 View Post

What are the requirements for the SIC program?
Old 03-05-2019, 10:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 767 FO

What I posted above are the SIC requirements. They are straight off of the job posting on the corporate web site.