Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

L-3/Dynamic/Avenge

Old 04-22-2019, 06:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018
Position: Line holder

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
How odd. It seems like just yesterday that the white house was pencil whipping them out by the hundreds...

Only if you’re a big campaign contributor, own some masseuse parlors that provide an service to your friends, are a true swamp creature, or are married/related to The Don...

For the rest of us poor slobs, suck it up! It’s only our country...and OUR money...
Old 06-13-2019, 07:55 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Default L3 and members of the military....

L3 seemed to have an issue with members of the military...and got pinched for it.

https://l3userraclassaction.com/courtdocuments.html
Old 06-13-2019, 08:16 AM
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by OtherGuy View Post
L3 seemed to have an issue with members of the military...and got pinched for it.

https://l3userraclassaction.com/courtdocuments.html
That's a settlement, not a court ruling, and it's for those claiming that they were not hired based on their status as USAF Reserve members in Washington State. A USERRA claim. Those awarded money claim they didn't get hired because of their status as reserve members. The claim, as class-action, extends to any who applied in the specified time frame, and who were Washington reserve or guard, who had at least 2,000 hours of flight time, or ISR experience, or King Air experience. Even if they were not hired for other reasons...the mere fact that they fall in that category means they get a share of the settlement.

That's a far cry from establishing that L3 has a problem with service members.

An ANG member who has flown a King Air and whipped out an application, who didn't get hired, gets a payout. Free money, not for having done anything, but for not having done anything.

Imagine if all the others who didn't get hired by L3 during that time could get a piece of the pie...
Old 06-13-2019, 11:03 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

That's a settlement, not a court ruling, and it's for those claiming that they were not hired based on their status as USAF Reserve members in Washington State. A USERRA claim. Those awarded money claim they didn't get hired because of their status as reserve members. The claim, as class-action, extends to any who applied in the specified time frame, and who were Washington reserve or guard, who had at least 2,000 hours of flight time, or ISR experience, or King Air experience. Even if they were not hired for other reasons...the mere fact that they fall in that category means they get a share of the settlement.

That's a far cry from establishing that L3 has a problem with service members.

An ANG member who has flown a King Air and whipped out an application, who didn't get hired, gets a payout. Free money, not for having done anything, but for not having done anything.

Imagine if all the others who didn't get hired by L3 during that time could get a piece of the pie...
I am certain they would hire them now.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:46 AM

Yes. Everyone that wasn't hired before will get hired now.

Sound logic.

Not.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:09 PM
Line Holder

Yes. Everyone that wasn't hired before will get hired now.

Sound logic.

Not.
I am referring to the massive turnover rate of pilots at L3 (or all of the ISR companies). They are hurting in a bad way to put people in the seats. We're hiring people with zero turboprop time and in some cases of SICs, zero multi-engine time. The company is paying for people to get commercial MEL add-ons. If those people who were affected by that lawsuit were to apply now, I am sure many of them would get hired. I wouldn't say getting hired here is as easy as getting hired by a regional, but if you can interview well and don't have anything holding you back from a clearance, your chances are good.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by StandardBrief View Post
I am referring to the massive turnover rate of pilots at L3 (or all of the ISR companies). They are hurting in a bad way to put people in the seats. We're hiring people with zero turboprop time and in some cases of SICs, zero multi-engine time. The company is paying for people to get commercial MEL add-ons. If those people who were affected by that lawsuit were to apply now, I am sure many of them would get hired. I wouldn't say getting hired here is as easy as getting hired by a regional, but if you can interview well and don't have anything holding you back from a clearance, your chances are good.
Ah.

Times have changed, that's for sure.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:51 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2019

So with that being said, would 900TT, 20ME, instrument proficient and an active SECRET clearance be considered? I'm retiring after 20 years active duty USCG in September. Total time should be around 1000 by then. Points of clarification. I'm not a military aviator. I have no turboprop time. Hiring question pertains to an SIC position.

Last edited by DeeDee214; 06-14-2019 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 06-14-2019, 01:32 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by DeeDee214 View Post
So with that being said, would 900TT, 20ME, instrument proficient and an active SECRET clearance be considered? I'm retiring after 20 years active duty USCG in September. Total time should be around 1000 by then. Points of clarification. I'm not a military aviator. I have no turboprop time. Hiring question pertains to an SIC position.
As long as you meet the minimums for the position in question you should be considered. Bare minimums for SIC are 1000 total time and 500 hours PIC time. Those are hard numbers, unable to be waived by the company due to government required minimums.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:12 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2019

As long as you meet the minimums for the position in question you should be considered. Bare minimums for SIC are 1000 total time and 500 hours PIC time. Those are hard numbers, unable to be waived by the company due to government required minimums.
Roger. Thank you.