Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Talon Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/61150-talon-air.html)

withthatsaid182 08-01-2011 04:52 PM

Talon Air

Searched but found mostly responeless threads.

Any info on these guys? Outside the website...

Schedule, Pay, Hiring...

NightIP 08-01-2011 05:05 PM

The Talon in FRG? Stay far, far away. I've known pilots who worked there, and the horror stories go deep. Last I heard (a couple months ago), they're requiring pilots to sign training contracts for 6-month recurrent training.

sloflier 08-02-2011 02:36 PM

I second NightIP's thoughts. I know several people who worked there and one who still does and I have yet to hear one positive comment. I have heard some very negative things that I will not publicly post. All I can say is seek employment elsewhere, this place is not worth your time.

buzzard125 09-02-2011 05:28 PM

Seems like everyone must have quit of fired, hiring for every airplane it seems. 350.com

Herb Flemmming 09-03-2011 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by buzzard125 (Post 1048400)
Seems like everyone must have quit of fired, hiring for every airplane it seems. 350.com

Would be interesting to know what happened, i did see the half page of adds too.

DirectTo 09-03-2011 06:57 AM

Checked a 350 account our alumni association maintains and noticed that the minimums were identical on all of the jobs.

What you want to bet they're hiring for a couple open position and trying to get the starry-eyed low time guys who will be starting right seat in the Caravan with talks of the Challenger and Falcon?

ERJF15 09-03-2011 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by withthatsaid182 (Post 1032416)
Searched but found mostly responeless threads.

Any info on these guys? Outside the website...

Schedule, Pay, Hiring...

Dude...what's up w/the PC12 gig?

topprospect16 09-03-2011 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by DirectTo (Post 1048603)
Checked a 350 account our alumni association maintains and noticed that the minimums were identical on all of the jobs.

What you want to bet they're hiring for a couple open position and trying to get the starry-eyed low time guys who will be starting right seat in the Caravan with talks of the Challenger and Falcon?

Know they lost a Legacy guy to JetBlue

kingairfun 09-03-2011 10:44 PM

When their website specifically points out they are non-union and can therefore push each pilot to the limits, enough said...

Every Talon Air pilot is a full-time, non union employee with extensive executive jet charter experience. This represents their unwavering dedication and offers you the comfort of repeatedly seeing the same pilots on every charter flight. Your personal or corporate travel will not be limited by duty-day restrictions with Talon Air. We will provide multiple crews for your trip to maximize the productivity of your aircraft charter.

This should read: Since our pilots are non-union, all you rich people who hate your unionized employees, can rest assured ours aren't. They have unwavering dedication because if they don't they are fired. Travel will not be limited by duty day restrictions because we will push each crew to the limit. If they don't comply or try to fatigue they will be canned.

As soon as I played the CEO video I immediately knew what kind of operation this was. Can he look any more arrogant with his tie and matching hankie.

clear4approach 09-05-2011 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by kingairfun (Post 1048972)

This should read: Since our pilots are non-union, all you rich people who hate your unionized employees, can rest assured ours aren't. They have unwavering dedication because if they don't they are fired. Travel will not be limited by duty day restrictions because we will push each crew to the limit. If they don't comply or try to fatigue they will be canned.

As soon as I played the CEO video I immediately knew what kind of operation this was. Can he look any more arrogant with his tie and matching hankie.

I've heard nothing good about them either. They're the same as every other bottom-feeding charter operator.