Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Part 135
To those current and former AMF pilots... >

To those current and former AMF pilots...

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

To those current and former AMF pilots...

Old 12-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat
Default To those current and former AMF pilots...

Just wanted to let any/all current and former AMF freightdogs that an era has come to a close at Ameriflight...

Bob Sulahian has retired from AMF. After 20+ years in various positions with AMF Bob is hanging up his baby blue "Members Only" jacket for the last time.

I know most of us have our "Bob Stories" some good, some bad, and some hilarious. What we can't deny is Bob's wealth of knowledge that he has imparted on pilots over the past two decades.

One of my personal "Bob Stories" revolves around me jumpseating on a SWA flight from ONT to LAS and the Captain and I started talking and turned out he was a former AMF freightdog and asked me, "Is Bob still there?"

Obviously Bob has left a lasting impression on the pilots that he has trained over the years and my knowledge of weather was greatly increased after going through Indoc with Bob.

Let's congratulate Bob and and amazing career and a wonderful retirement.

Blue Skies and Tailwinds Bob!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Fair winds to Bob.
If people are still talking about you after 20 years on the job, let's hope that it is a good thing!

USMCFLYR
Old 12-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Fair winds to Bob.
If people are still talking about you after 20 years on the job, let's hope that it is a good thing!

USMCFLYR
Bob is a very unique individual with a wealth of knowledge.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Fixed wing, left

"YOU CAN'T DO THAT"

Sad future hires won't have the Bob experience as so many of us have enjoyed. Like Freight said, he will be missed.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Default Bob

Originally Posted by freightdog View Post
Just wanted to let any/all current and former AMF freightdogs that an era has come to a close at Ameriflight...

Bob Sulahian has retired from AMF. After 20+ years in various positions with AMF Bob is hanging up his baby blue "Members Only" jacket for the last time.

I know most of us have our "Bob Stories" some good, some bad, and some hilarious. What we can't deny is Bob's wealth of knowledge that he has imparted on pilots over the past two decades.

One of my personal "Bob Stories" revolves around me jumpseating on a SWA flight from ONT to LAS and the Captain and I started talking and turned out he was a former AMF freightdog and asked me, "Is Bob still there?"

Obviously Bob has left a lasting impression on the pilots that he has trained over the years and my knowledge of weather was greatly increased after going through Indoc with Bob.

Let's congratulate Bob and and amazing career and a wonderful retirement.

Blue Skies and Tailwinds Bob!
WOW...what a memory....it put me in the chieftain sim. in the hangar....in Burbank in 1993 thanks for the post
Old 12-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: Swivel Chair

At his retirement luncheon, Bob said: "I have often, in the airlane, in the office or in the hanger asked myself; have I impacted these peoples lives? The truth is that you have all had an increadible impact on me, my life and my happiness. Thank you, each and every one of you. You have made my 24 years here very, very special." (slightly paraphrased due to a failing memory)

TransMach
Old 12-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: Sofa Stress Tester

My best to Bob and what he brought to the AMF training department. It's good to still see good things come to good people and sad that an era has come to an end.
Happy Retirement!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Bob will be an urban legend for years to come. "Someone put a gold star by that guy's name."
Old 12-24-2011, 01:12 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Fair winds to Bob.

USMCFLYR
There could be also numerous other reasons (besides good ones) why everyone remembers a person 20 years later!!!

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
Bob will be an urban legend for years to come.

...and that is most likely true...

On the other hand, if you think, Bob was a miracle worker, and an inspiration to pilots...you might be slightly mistaken....

Either way... I will always remember "flying along in my 747 to Honolulu eating my lunch....-stories"...so farewell Bobster, hope you can finally take that trip Honolulu!!!!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Limo Driver. Left

I went through basic indoc in 2000 with Bob. He was a character! Funny at times, cranky most of the time and unable to pick a post 70's era tie ALL the time made him amusing to say the least. Good luck Bob.