Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Air Cargo Carriers (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/64347-air-cargo-carriers.html)

Liberty Pilot 02-16-2017 10:29 AM

What is the typical schedule and bases for FO's? Are you home daily? how many overnights can you expect weekly? that sort of thing.

Shoot First 05-05-2017 07:52 PM

Just bringing this thread to the front of the line, in regards to the crash at Charleston, WV.

I don't know what happened or why other than whas on the news. My heartfelt condolences to the families.

Positiveg 05-06-2017 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Liberty Pilot (Post 2302970)
What is the typical schedule and bases for FO's? Are you home daily? how many overnights can you expect weekly? that sort of thing.

Check their profile here on APC for bases. Schedule is M-F with weekends off. PR you fly during the day so you're home every night, and mainland you fly from the outstation to the hub at night and return in the morning.

Turbine4Life 05-18-2017 02:55 PM

How competitive is it to get a direct entry Captain position based in SJU if you have exceeded the 135 PIC minimum requirements? Seems like you have some class dates coming up based on the website. Is training done at Flight Safety at LGA? That is the only Shorts sim I could find searching on google. Thanks in advance!

Bons 08-13-2017 03:39 PM

Are there any pilots at ACC that have current info on any FO classes or hiring that may be happening? It looks like ct350 has several captain positions open and thought FO slots would open up soon too...Thanks!

Safety 08-29-2017 04:58 AM

Do they have a "training contract"?

Jet757 08-29-2017 10:26 AM

Since there's been some radio silence, here's some info.

Training contract is in place. 7.5k for one year.
SJU is the junior FO base, for CA's it's more of a roll of the dice.

Overall MDT, SAN, MYR, SAV are senior for CAs. SJU is more towards the senior side for CAs. The floater position is senior.

Competitive FO minimums are 500TT+ but they have hired guys with less than that.

Here are some things to know for perspective applicants

1. If you want to build time quickly for the regionals, ACC isn't the quickest way. Go instruct at a mill, fly survey or whatever. I picked ACC for the pay and quality of life as I prefer it to other part 91 jobs out there.

2. Just because you have a sweet CASS list, doesn't mean you can commute effectively. In fact most people live in base and stay there. The schedule is un-commutable on most bases.

3. There's a reason our callsign is "NIGHT cargo" - all flights in the U.S. take place for the backside of the clock. Keep that in mind. Sleep during the day guys, otherwise you're setting yourself up for failure. SJU crews fly during the day.

4. All aircraft have steam gauges. We're introducing G750s into the fleet for 2020 ADSB compliance but that's not gonna be here overnight. Expect some old school hard instrument flying.

The word on the street that there'll be another class (Possibly two more) before New years.

Hope this helps people out.

endlessnight 11-18-2017 01:38 PM

They are hiring for a class in January 2018.

Javichu 11-18-2017 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by endlessnight (Post 2468468)
They are hiring for a class in January 2018.

Including FO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

endlessnight 11-18-2017 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Javichu (Post 2468471)
Including FO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looking at their website, they want captains.