Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Air Cargo Carriers

Old 05-17-2013, 09:45 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: SD3

Originally Posted by genral1 View Post
I have made it through the initial phone interview and I have been asked to come for the in person interview next week!! Any advice for a first time applicant would be appreciated. I am looking for things such as the written exam (what does it consist of) and the interview itself. Also, what goes on during the Sim ride??

Regards,

JW
Genral,
I interviewed last Friday. Pretty straightforward interview. The written test is 50 questions and is pretty much straight out of the Gleims written test prep book, chapter 6. The interview was with Terri, the HR lady, and George, the Chief Pilot. Both were very nice. Make sure you know what a VDP is and what the regulatory reason it is there for. When he is asking you about approaches in the area, watch for step down fixes; He wanted to know what was the MDA on a localizer if you have certain equipment, then asks if you had DME (allows you to identify the step down fix) what the mins would be. A lot of the HR questions were based on customer service. I was also asked to give a lesson on something that I would normally teach as a CFI. I chose holding patterns.
Since i'm an instructor he wanted to know why I would let a student tell me that he could only fly at 9pm and later.. Well because the students paying me, they are the customer.
A class date has not been set quite yet. It will start on either June 10th or 17th. They need atleast 4 to run the class, I was number 2. Good luck on the interview, PM me if you have any further questions. Hope to meet you in class in a couple weeks.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:47 PM
CFI

Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: CFI

Any new news? Their profile is a little out of date?
Old 10-25-2015, 07:33 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: PIC LR35

Saw on the orange site they're hiring captains. Anyone have a recent scoop on things? Any plans to hire FOs? I'm flying a Shorts now and have been interested in ACC but it's hard to find any updated info...
Old 12-19-2015, 06:16 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by lineupandhold View Post
Saw on the orange site they're hiring captains. Anyone have a recent scoop on things? Any plans to hire FOs? I'm flying a Shorts now and have been interested in ACC but it's hard to find any updated info...
lineupandhold, They are pretty well stocked up for FOs right now but they do advertise on the orange site. Best way to get on as an FO is to have a current employee walk in your resume. They get tons of FO applications but are in needs of captains.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:06 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: PIC LR35

Originally Posted by 920flyer View Post
lineupandhold, They are pretty well stocked up for FOs right now but they do advertise on the orange site. Best way to get on as an FO is to have a current employee walk in your resume. They get tons of FO applications but are in needs of captains.
Thanks for the info 920.

Any current ACC employees on here?

Or, does anybody else know of other Shorts operations? Alliance Air Charter sparks my interest too but can't find much info on them.

Upgrade isn't really an option at my current place. I'm a little under 900TT with a few hundred of it in a Sherpa... looking to FO somewhere until 135 mins and then upgrade.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Thanks for the info 920.

Or, does anybody else know of other Shorts operations? Alliance Air Charter sparks my interest too but can't find much info on them.

Upgrade isn't really an option at my current place. I'm a little under 900TT with a few hundred of it in a Sherpa... looking to FO somewhere until 135 mins and then upgrade.
M&N Aviation (ACC sister company) if you speak Spanish. Flamenco air in SJU. Skyway in FL (heard some horror stories).

I would recommend trying to get 1200 then jumping ship to ACC into the left seat. They'll be needing captains here soon as the current captains head off to other places.

PM me for more details.

- Jay
Old 01-10-2016, 01:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by rokking566 View Post
What are the requirements to get hired as an FO?
As 920 stated above they're not really looking for FOs. However the average FO from the previous class had less than 400 hours, actually only one FO had over 500. Almost all had internal recs though.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Thanks for the info 920.

Have you looked into an E120 FO position at AMF?
Old 01-20-2016, 06:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015

Might be a silly question, but I have a friend who worked there, but moved on to a regional. He left in good standing... would I still be able to use him as a "internal" recommendation?
Old 01-21-2016, 02:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by DiveAndDrive View Post
Might be a silly question, but I have a friend who worked there, but moved on to a regional. He left in good standing... would I still be able to use him as a "internal" recommendation?
PM me

filler