Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Air Cargo Carriers

Old 01-01-2017, 12:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by SD3FR8DOG View Post
It's pretty tough going to maintain a relationship even in base, spending the night in a hub.
Thank you for taking your time to reply, I have flown with feeders in the past. Some fedex feeders put you up in a hotel, others have a crew room were you grab a few hours sleep. Based upon what I saw on flt aware, it looks like you spend more then a few hours in CAE. Crew room or hotel? Other wise overall what do you think of ACC? Looking at the add on the orange site, like other feeders are you short on staffing? Again, I appreciate any responses from anyone taking their time to answer. Fly safe, have fun, take care!
Old 01-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by New Guy 007 View Post
Thank you for taking your time to reply, I have flown with feeders in the past. Some fedex feeders put you up in a hotel, others have a crew room were you grab a few hours sleep. Based upon what I saw on flt aware, it looks like you spend more then a few hours in CAE. Crew room or hotel? Other wise overall what do you think of ACC? Looking at the add on the orange site, like other feeders are you short on staffing? Again, I appreciate any responses from anyone taking their time to answer. Fly safe, have fun, take care!
I don't work there currently but what I know of CAE it was a bunk room with bunk beds. Flew in there for a bit and you'd maybe get 4.5-5 hrs sleep and then get woken up by a UPS middle level manager guy who demanded doors open on your plane 45 mins to an hr before any freight would turn up. The situation might have changed but I doubt it.

I know lots of guys leave ACC for the regionals, if I had my time again I'd just have gone the regional route first. I hear FedEx treat their feeders a lil better, YMMV.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by SD3FR8DOG View Post
I don't work there currently but what I know of CAE it was a bunk room with bunk beds. Flew in there for a bit and you'd maybe get 4.5-5 hrs sleep and then get woken up by a UPS middle level manager guy who demanded doors open on your plane 45 mins to an hr before any freight would turn up. The situation might have changed but I doubt it.

I know lots of guys leave ACC for the regionals, if I had my time again I'd just have gone the regional route first. I hear FedEx treat their feeders a lil better, YMMV.
I did the regional thing for years, got tired of the 3 or 4 nights in a hotel really quick, five leg day,s dealing with passengers, anyway another quick question, with the ups runs does the crew help in loading the plane? That is a deal breaker if that is the case!
Old 01-02-2017, 11:26 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2016

I did the regional thing for years, got tired of the 3 or 4 nights in a hotel really quick, five leg day,s dealing with passengers, anyway another quick question, with the ups runs does the crew help in loading the plane? That is a deal breaker if that is the case!
Nope. No more loading on any routes.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Positiveg View Post
O.K. great thank you, looks like I will giving Ms. Harris a call tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:15 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2017
Default F/O hiring

Hey good afternoon all, any idea when ACC will start hiring F/Os for 2017? I have contacted HR via email but no response. I really do not want to miss this go around! Any insight at all would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Do you happen no know if ACC shoots you the''TBNT'' letter after interviewing or do they only contact those they what to hire?
Old 01-04-2017, 03:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

I'd get that in writing.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:40 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Do you happen no know if ACC shoots you the''TBNT'' letter after interviewing or do they only contact those they what to hire?
How did the interview go? If you don't mind me asking.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:59 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2016

I got hired, so not sure.