Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Air Cargo Carriers

Old 02-10-2018, 06:01 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: 135 CA

Originally Posted by DeltaDan97 View Post
What's it like for FO's now? Thx
Expect to be on reserve out of training right now. We have a good amount of FOs and it seems that after this round of base switching there'll still be one or two guys on reserve. There are talks of new routes opening up for FDX in Puerto Rico out of BQN. So chances of going there are higher.

Pay is the same as it was.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Any chance to get MDT out of training PIC?

also ive always wondered does the 3 on 1 off schedule mean that you are away from home 3 weeks straight? or are you just reporting to work 3 weeks straight with some days at home?

Thanks
Old 03-15-2018, 11:32 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: 135 CA

Originally Posted by peaches View Post
Any chance to get MDT out of training PIC?

also ive always wondered does the 3 on 1 off schedule mean that you are away from home 3 weeks straight? or are you just reporting to work 3 weeks straight with some days at home?

Thanks
MDT is ACC's upgrade base for FOs. People who are upgrading get sent there cause it gets a good amount of flight time. It's fairly senior for CAs as well as FOs. With an upgrade class happening soon, some of those guys will def want MDT and All of them will be senior to you. But hey anything can happen.

Well let's say you re based in BKW and you have 3/1. You're flying out of there the same run 3 weeks (your weekends are off on BKW) and then you're off for one whole week and you can go wherever you want.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:17 PM
On Reserve

How senior is bkw? I’d love to get it
Old 03-16-2018, 09:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Jet757 View Post
MDT is ACC's upgrade base for FOs. People who are upgrading get sent there cause it gets a good amount of flight time. It's fairly senior for CAs as well as FOs. With an upgrade class happening soon, some of those guys will def want MDT and All of them will be senior to you. But hey anything can happen.

Well let's say you re based in BKW and you have 3/1. You're flying out of there the same run 3 weeks (your weekends are off on BKW) and then you're off for one whole week and you can go wherever you want.
understood, so during your 3 weeks of flying are you ever in base for a significant period of time (more than 12 hours) or always on the road
Old 05-05-2018, 01:01 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2015

How hard is it getting DNV out of training? What's the typical day of an FO look like? I've read through all the pages and didn't see these questions, hopefully I didn't miss anything!
Old 05-06-2018, 02:31 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by JMora View Post
How hard is it getting DNV out of training? What's the typical day of an FO look like? I've read through all the pages and didn't see these questions, hopefully I didn't miss anything!
There's 3 bids for it right now and the guy that just got awarded it is really low time so he's going to be there for a while. In the US the shows are all late in the evening, fly to the hub (SDF or CVG) sit for 3-5 hours, then back to base in the AM, Monday night through Saturday morning. FO's don't get a week off. In SJU it's M-F daytime flying with varying show and duty times.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:02 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by 2AUTO View Post
There's 3 bids for it right now and the guy that just got awarded it is really low time so he's going to be there for a while. In the US the shows are all late in the evening, fly to the hub (SDF or CVG) sit for 3-5 hours, then back to base in the AM, Monday night through Saturday morning. FO's don't get a week off. In SJU it's M-F daytime flying with varying show and duty times.
After you interview and land the job, do they inform you of the junior bases and what the odds are of you getting a base before you start training or how does it work? This could become my first flying job and I've never seen that addressed.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:02 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by JMora View Post
After you interview and land the job, do they inform you of the junior bases and what the odds are of you getting a base before you start training or how does it work? This could become my first flying job and I've never seen that addressed.
Right now the junior base is SJU, and no other bases have openings. Currently 2 FO's on reserve and I believe 6 or 7 FO's in class right now so you would be on reserve for a while.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: CRJ

You guys looking for any FOs right now? Haven't seen anything advertised on the website for the longest.