Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Kallita Charters

Old 06-27-2012, 03:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Default Kallita Charters

Any info on them?
They are doing a job fair in July and it looks like you need to pay for your on type rating.

They talk about a 15 minute cargo callout time. I guess I am answering my own question about QOL.

How is the pay?

Do the Falcons have the 731 fan engines or the GE?

Are the aircraft on good shape?

Are they a professional operation, i.e. CRM, checklists, uniforms?

Is the training in-house or do you go to Flt Safety?

They list a base of MOR, Morristown, TN. is that mainly cargo? What clients do they serve?

Would you have your wife and kids fly on them as a pax charter?
Old 07-11-2012, 07:01 AM
On Reserve Forever

Joined APC: Sep 2009
Position: Would you like fries with that gear, sir?

F/O or CA?
Old 07-11-2012, 08:39 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: FA-20 CA

"They are doing a job fair in July and it looks like you need to pay for your on type rating."

Training is done in house, if they are making you pay for your type that is news to me

"They talk about a 15 minute cargo callout time. I guess I am answering my own question about QOL. How is the pay? "

Exactly, you will be a slave. It's the nature of the biz. The base pay is very low and then you get mileage if you break your gaurantee. Problem is, the little work that we have is spread very thin these days. You will fly between 300-400 hours a year so don't expect much from mileage.

"Do the Falcons have the 731 fan engines or the GE? Are the aircraft on good shape? "

All freighters are 1960's equipped GE-CF700 engines. All steam gauge with Garmin 165 or trimble 2000 GPS. Falcons are non RVSM except for one freighter and one pax bird. The pax bird is used primarily for company business part 91. Very few revenue trips.

"Are they a professional operation, i.e. CRM, checklists, uniforms?"

I would say the pilots are a very professional group. We have decent CRM although the FAA does not like our methods, especially the way we have to utilize checklists. Everything is challenge and response and flows are not allowed. It can be very distracting sometimes, especially if you are not used to it.

"Is the training in-house or do you go to Flt Safety?"

In house utilizing flight safety equipment.

"They list a base of MOR, Morristown, TN. is that mainly cargo?"

MOR is a base they have always wanted to staff but have had a hard time keeping people there.

"What clients do they serve? Would you have your wife and kids fly on them as a pax charter?"

Air ambo, DOD and cargo. Very few pax charter. Contract work is dwindling so expect to fly mostly cargo in the future.

If you want flight time go to the regionals. Your career will advance faster. If you want to hand fly some cool, really old jets all over the usa, canada, mexico etc. then come to KFS. Just be warned there is no flow thru to K2 or K4. It's actually a hindrance. If you are interested in those companies apply separately. Once you work here you will be black balled from the other kalitta companies.

If you want more info PM me