Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Metro drivers....need help finding some info

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 12:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by stis202 View Post
You got to be kidding. I'm 6 ft and my back is not happy with me. I can't imagine.

On a side note, don't worry about that puddle of Jet-A under the fuselage. It's perfectly normal.
One of the few aircraft that I know of where you can CIP/defer a fuel leak.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: Representing the REAL Delta

The nose baggage compartment was strategically designed to be without any door agar lights indications in the cockpit and in the likely evently that you or a ramper forgets to latch the door, your cargo will fly out directly into the props.

A great design feature of the cockpit is the windows. In cold environments the windows will frost up compleatly from the inside. Once you descent they typically clear off through 10 thousand or so, except the center plastic window which you you use a fan to clear. The well designed fan takes frezzing a** cold air from near the bulkhead and angles it directly into your face and eyes, a great feature if you wear contacts.

The advanced cockpit warning and annunciation system was well engineered as well. Lights conviantly located throughout the cockpit on both the captains and first officers side are strategically designed so that only that pilot can see them readily and are positioned so that a pilot will not notice them unless the look directly at them. Also they have red lights that are typically bad, but sometimes good. This goes for the green and blue lights as well.

The Metro is the most complete and utterly POS aircraft operating in the United States. It also closely resembles and erect male body member.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Baja Vermont

Are you still "determined2fly", if it involves the Metro?

GF
Old 09-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: The Far Side

These people are exaggerating, but only a little. Plenty of people have flown it; OP, you'll have no trouble - and may grow to like the thing in a perverse sort of way.

Oh, yeah, the brakes DO work. They don't stop the airplane, but will destroy all four tires.

Look closely at a picture of Mickey Mouse. He's wearing a John Swearingen wristwatch.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005

how about those ACM's in the summer? If, and that's a big IF you do get some airflow through the vents it sure will not be cold. I've had my fair share of 120 degree cockpits.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: Fifth floor, window

Everyone forgot the extra fun nose wheel steering "hydraulic pressure bumps" - spurious uncommanded twitches. Or the "click-clacks". Its also real joy landing on a snowy/icy runway in a gusty crosswind. I thought the AC worked pretty well, and it had crotch level vents.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: The Far Side

Originally Posted by chazbird View Post
Everyone forgot the extra fun nose wheel steering
Oh, yes. One of many nicknames for the Metro was "weedeater", and not just because it sounded like one (well, actually one thousand).
Old 09-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Chair Flying

Great write up there Galaxy...enjoyed that...lol. I have flown this plane as SIC so it won't be a big shock for me...thank you all for the info and input. I'm starting tomorrow bright and early and plan on just having fun with it.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Baja Vermont

Best of Luck to you!

GF
Old 09-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005

Originally Posted by cornbeef007 View Post
The nose baggage compartment was strategically designed to be without any door agar lights indications in the cockpit and in the likely evently that you or a ramper forgets to latch the door, your cargo will fly out directly into the props.
There has been a few times where the reason I noticed the door was still open was when it blew open releasing the start locks. I mean, why would they put an annunciator light for the baggage doors?