Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Encore Air Cargo

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 05:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Encoreflyer View Post
Base pay has been significantly increased. The Texas stuff did slow down for a while do to factors out of the company's control and this was rough on the pilots. Since about June things have been non-stop out of Texas. They even brought a plane and pilot out of FSD to help cover things for a couple months. If things keep going as they have been the pilots down there will clear 70k a year. Pay has also been increased in the Dakota's, pilots can expect to make in the 65k a year range. The Texas planes now have EFB's for the USA and Jepps for Mexico. It will soon all be on the EFB.

They do not hire SIC's. What are you doing to build flight time? There are a few instructing jobs and a sky diver gig out of Luverne.
If your going n texas ameristar or berry would be better bets. If your a southern boy vent outta lrd is a ok pay job aswell.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Base pay has been significantly increased. The Texas stuff did slow down for a while do to factors out of the company's control and this was rough on the pilots. Since about June things have been non-stop out of Texas. They even brought a plane and pilot out of FSD to help cover things for a couple months. If things keep going as they have been the pilots down there will clear 70k a year.
Based on what the pilots I've known who worked there told me, that sounds like a night and day difference. I understand there was over a year long period of high turnover rates because the pay was closer to $45k, despite the company advertising $60k+.

If that's really the way it is now, though, and if its sustainable, its probably a great job making that kind of cash along with weekends off. The pilots I've met said you won't find a better 135 to work for, as long as they stay busy.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: C207

Base pay has been significantly increased. The Texas stuff did slow down for a while do to factors out of the company's control and this was rough on the pilots. Since about June things have been non-stop out of Texas. They even brought a plane and pilot out of FSD to help cover things for a couple months. If things keep going as they have been the pilots down there will clear 70k a year. Pay has also been increased in the Dakota's, pilots can expect to make in the 65k a year range. The Texas planes now have EFB's for the USA and Jepps for Mexico. It will soon all be on the EFB.

They do not hire SIC's. What are you doing to build flight time? There are a few instructing jobs and a sky diver gig out of Luverne.
I'm working on finishing my CFI right now. Last time I talked to Luverne they wanted 350 hours, so I'll give them a call when I hit that. (currently at 317tt)
Old 10-31-2015, 03:32 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by hauslp View Post
I'm working on finishing my CFI right now. Last time I talked to Luverne they wanted 350 hours, so I'll give them a call when I hit that. (currently at 317tt)
hauslp please check your PM's
Old 10-31-2015, 03:42 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Harpyr View Post
Based on what the pilots I've known who worked there told me, that sounds like a night and day difference. I understand there was over a year long period of high turnover rates because the pay was closer to $45k, despite the company advertising $60k+.

If that's really the way it is now, though, and if its sustainable, its probably a great job making that kind of cash along with weekends off. The pilots I've met said you won't find a better 135 to work for, as long as they stay busy.
That is the risk with the Texas flying, stuff can slow down. If you are looking for guaranteed pay you would have to be on a scheduled route. Currently base salary is in the 50K to 55K range in a Metro and they are doing a 12k retention bonus. Current routes that are open are GFK base and a FSD based route to DIK. They also have floater positions open at FSD. These routes get paid similar to the Texas flying. Generally they do very well (in the 60K range).
Old 11-11-2015, 03:55 AM
On Reserve

Encore is opening a DVL 402 base. The route will be around 80 hours a month. Upgrade to the Metro has been around 6 months. Must meet Part 135 IFR PIC mins.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:38 AM
On Reserve

Update on current base openings:

Metroliner: RAP, ISN, GFK

402: DVL
Old 10-06-2016, 10:10 AM
On Reserve

The company has an open Metroliner position based in ISN. $75,000 total pay. $63,000 salary and $12,000 annual retention bonus.