Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Air Cargo Carriers

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 05:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: EMB 170/175 F.O.

Originally Posted by crimson tide View Post
Hey the fast upgrades are a reality, but we aren't hiring... we are actually overstaffed. I think we quit accepting new resumes last week, and probably won't hire again until next year. Other than that, our on demand charter has kind of slowed down, there was some consolidation of management and staffing in that regard, and our DA-20 aircraft were returned to the leasor. On the up side, we may be buying aircraft from the now-defunct Skyway of Kissimmee, FL, and bidding for new routes!
Hey man! It's you.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:58 AM
Reserve Indefinitely

Joined APC: Oct 2006

HAHA sorry, thats what I thought I just had to make sure. I would hope a cargo company wouldnt be using the diamond eclipse to transport stuff cause that would take alot of trips haha. And yea its no fun to fuel either......
Old 11-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by crimson tide View Post
On the up side, we may be buying aircraft from the now-defunct Skyway of Kissimmee, FL, and bidding for new routes!
I like that rumor. I hope its true.

As for ACC hiring right now, Crimson Tide is correct. Things have stopped. Even recommended pilots aren't getting calls. Hiring should get going again eventually.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by timeless View Post
I like that rumor. I hope its true.

As for ACC hiring right now, Crimson Tide is correct. Things have stopped. Even recommended pilots aren't getting calls. Hiring should get going again eventually.
I just got hired a few weeks ago, but was told that the class wouldnt be until around January. I hear rumors of the purchase of some Embraer turbo props, hope its true. As far as someone saying earlier that people were getting fired, i dont think that is true,
Old 11-19-2006, 07:56 PM
VW Bus Driver

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: ERJ145XR

I was looking at ACC too, Where are the pilot bases? The map on the website showed Reno as a possible hub. Does anyone know for sure where they may be?
Old 11-19-2006, 11:56 PM
Line Holder

We aren't in Reno anymore. FAT, MWA, MYR, SBA, DHN, PDX, BKW, CRW, GSP, HSV, ASW, DNV, LCK and IND are our current bases. Two pilots at each base. Well, 4 in MYR because we do two runs there and 3 in IND because it is a high time run.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:08 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by sigep_nm View Post
I just got hired a few weeks ago, but was told that the class wouldnt be until around January. I hear rumors of the purchase of some Embraer turbo props, hope its true. As far as someone saying earlier that people were getting fired, i dont think that is true,
Congrats on getting hired, Embraer Turboprops? Could be, but I haven't heard anything. I don't really keep up with the latest company info, but more airplanes is always good.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Thanks, I got all little crossed up with the aircraft. I meant to say dornier 328's. Timeless where are you based at? Just wondering how you like it there. If you want to be anonynmous you can just name a couple of places that you might live at or you can pm me if you dont want to post it publically.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:22 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2006

Thanks, I got all little crossed up with the aircraft. I meant to say dornier 328's. Timeless where are you based at? Just wondering how you like it there. If you want to be anonynmous you can just name a couple of places that you might live at or you can pm me if you dont want to post it publically.
I was told all you need to get an interview is a recomandation from a company pilot. I don't know anyone who work for ACC. I'm interested to work for ACC. If someone you can give me some tips on what I should/can do to increase my chances of getting an interview I really appreciate it.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

As far as someone saying earlier that people were getting fired, i dont think that is true,
Yes, the whole charter department in Denton, TX was essentially fired. They were apparently offered jobs in MKE, but nobody was willing to move. The FAA had problems with the split operational control beween MKE and DTO.

The same thing just sunk SkyWay Enterprises, they got thier 135 cert. yanked. And I wouldn't drool about getting thier airplanes. I have plenty of time in those pieces of crap. They are all old rotted out Simmons airplanes that spent alot of time on the rock in San Juan. Corrosion city.