Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 05:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: B777 CA

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
Haha I agree, CFI is way better

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
As a 30 year 20,000 hour major airline 767 captain, I respectfully but very strongly disagree.

Today in the regionals you are stepping into
(In most cases) a transport category jet - glass cockpit - FMS automated airplane. A lot of the millennials have become the children of the magenta line. Something to be said about low altitude, in the weather, into high density airports and in many cases hand flying a significant portion or all of the flying.

In my day in the mid 80's at my airline we were hand flying Twin Otters, B-99's and B-1900's all with no auto pilots averaging 6 legs a day in the weather in the NE. At one point my airline had a 90 precent turn over in a year to all the majors hiring then. They loved the skill set of our pilots.

Again no disrespect to flight instructing I did it and still have my current CFI, CFII and MEI. Flight instructing in my humble opinion, no way compares to 135, regional, low altitude, in the weather flying into high density airports. Plus the transition from this type of flying to a regional jet or corporate jet flying is much easier and you can never take away the non glass real instrument flying experience you'll get in a job like this one.

My two cents.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:04 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2016

I've been following this thread a while and seen guys talk about a gouge, but I have never seen anyone post anything about the phone interviews or anything else. Does anyone have any current info on what to expect?

Looks like they are confirmed CASS now BTW. there has been a lot of talk in the threads about that.

Thanks!
Old 07-20-2017, 07:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by ThefiestyGOAT View Post
I've been following this thread a while and seen guys talk about a gouge, but I have never seen anyone post anything about the phone interviews or anything else. Does anyone have any current info on what to expect?

Looks like they are confirmed CASS now BTW. there has been a lot of talk in the threads about that.

Thanks!
So if they're part of Cass, they can jumpseat on Anyone that participates in Cass am I correct? So like delta, united etc.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:41 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by Billy738 View Post
So if they're part of Cass, they can jumpseat on Anyone that participates in Cass am I correct? So like delta, united etc.
I dont' believe they are confirmed in CASS yet, however they are on the Lufthansa "pass fly", meaning that you can purchase a ticket at a reduced rate on participating carriers.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Some airlines want a reciprocal agreement, other airlines say if you're in CASS that's enough for them. Specific policies can be found on the ALPA jumpseat info page.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

No United, Delta & American. See attachment for approval CASS list.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_5239.jpg (12.1 KB, 426 views)
Old 07-26-2017, 03:38 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Boeing Aviator View Post
No United, Delta & American. See attachment for approval CASS list.
Hard to read that lol
Old 07-26-2017, 04:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by flyonboyz View Post
Hard to read that lol
Oops, sorry didn't try to open. I didn't realize it wasn't clear when clicked on to enlarge. When I get a feee moment, I'll list manually. Lots of regionals and a few low cost carriers no legacies.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:41 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Boeing Aviator View Post
Oops, sorry didn't try to open. I didn't realize it wasn't clear when clicked on to enlarge. When I get a feee moment, I'll list manually. Lots of regionals and a few low cost carriers no legacies.
Thank you
Old 07-31-2017, 09:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Hello everyone, any idea on future classes? Dates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro