Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Part 135
Southern Airways Express >

Southern Airways Express

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Southern Airways Express

Old 11-04-2021, 08:00 AM
  #431  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Nov 2021
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by FloridaFlyboy98 View Post
You'll probably have to work another gig given their princely salary of $11/hour.
Definitely. Iím located in one of their bases, probably one of the least desirable too. Iím in no rush to get to any regional, but donít want to put myself in an impossible situation and waste their/my time. Guess I should just apply and see lol
retrowings is offline  
Old 11-04-2021, 02:12 PM
  #432  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Oct 2021
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by retrowings View Post
Definitely. Iím located in one of their bases, probably one of the least desirable too. Iím in no rush to get to any regional, but donít want to put myself in an impossible situation and waste their/my time. Guess I should just apply and see lol
Current word is that FO training is backed up through January so presently they're only hiring captains. You're probably better off going the CFI route.
FloridaFlyboy98 is offline  
Old 11-07-2021, 04:56 PM
  #433  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Nov 2021
Posts: 5
Default

That explains why they got rid of that recent FO posting a day later. CFI would probably be the most flexible for sure, but flying here just seems cooler. That and I need to become a CFI first...
retrowings is offline  
Old 11-08-2021, 02:40 PM
  #434  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2011
Posts: 389
Default

Originally Posted by retrowings View Post
That explains why they got rid of that recent FO posting a day later. CFI would probably be the most flexible for sure, but flying here just seems cooler. That and I need to become a CFI first...
As someone who initially wanted to avoid CFI and now is one, go CFI. More hours available and you'll probably build them faster. I've also learned a ton. If you still have a desire for some part 135 experience later you could get on as an SIC with 800-1000TT and upgrade much quicker or just be a PIC at 1200 hours.
kaputt is offline  
Old 11-08-2021, 04:48 PM
  #435  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Oct 2021
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
As someone who initially wanted to avoid CFI and now is one, go CFI. More hours available and you'll probably build them faster. I've also learned a ton. If you still have a desire for some part 135 experience later you could get on as an SIC with 800-1000TT and upgrade much quicker or just be a PIC at 1200 hours.
Really good advice, although I would recommend going all the way to ATP mins as a CFI. The regionals don't care if you have part 135 or turbine time and taking that detour will cost you time and, more importantly, a lot of money!
FloridaFlyboy98 is offline  
Old 11-08-2021, 07:18 PM
  #436  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Nov 2021
Posts: 5
Default

Thank you both for the advice.

I can see being a CFI as the most flexible option when trying to hold another job to pay the bills. The hard part would be to find a school that is willing to work with you.

I'll still keep an eye on this place though.
retrowings is offline  
Old 11-08-2021, 10:33 PM
  #437  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2021
Position: Aye Aye, Capt'n
Posts: 90
Default

Originally Posted by FloridaFlyboy98 View Post
Really good advice, although I would recommend going all the way to ATP mins as a CFI. The regionals don't care if you have part 135 or turbine time and taking that detour will cost you time and, more importantly, a lot of money!
Even better advice! Itís always about the money and never about gaining some real experience at a 135 op away from the daytime VFR traffic pattern before jumping to a regional... or even skipping regionals all together.
QRH Bingo is offline  
Old 12-07-2021, 10:16 AM
  #438  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Apr 2020
Posts: 8
Default

Is 664hrs total time competitive for an FO position? I applied to the most recent application opening.
FlightLife2020 is online now  
Old 12-07-2021, 01:33 PM
  #439  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Oct 2021
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by FlightLife2020 View Post
Is 664hrs total time competitive for an FO position? I applied to the most recent application opening.
Absolutely! The question is why would you take a path that will get you to a Regional 9 months to a year later? Get your CFI and you could be at ATP mins in 9 months or so!
FloridaFlyboy98 is offline  
Old 12-07-2021, 02:26 PM
  #440  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2021
Position: Aye Aye, Capt'n
Posts: 90
Default

Originally Posted by FloridaFlyboy98 View Post
Absolutely! The question is why would you take a path that will get you to a Regional 9 months to a year later? Get your CFI and you could be at ATP mins in 9 months or so!
Maybe because if he doesnít already have his CFI that could add 3-6 months just to get it? I donít know, just saying.
QRH Bingo is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Frisky Pilot
Regional
20
01-01-2022 06:02 PM
cactiboss
Mergers and Acquisitions
0
04-16-2009 08:56 AM
AUS_ATC
Cargo
29
02-02-2007 07:17 AM
RedBaron007
Major
3
01-31-2007 10:05 PM
RockBottom
Major
0
03-07-2005 12:04 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread