Joined APC: Mar 2020

Can anyone tell me how long indoc is?
Old 10-09-2022, 06:12 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2018
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by salukipilot View Post
Can anyone tell me how long indoc is?
It used to be a week and a half, but that was several years ago. Great place to get the career started. Enjoyed my time there and met many life long friends.
Old 10-10-2022, 10:20 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2022
Default First Post Ever

Just got offered a Jan class date for the Caravan. 600 TT. As far as training timeline- How long after day 1 of training is day 1 of working? Also, can I be reasonably certain that I’ll get my base preference (LNS)?
Old 10-14-2022, 09:45 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2021

Originally Posted by DeificEpsNu View Post
Just got offered a Jan class date for the Caravan. 600 TT. As far as training timeline- How long after day 1 of training is day 1 of working? Also, can I be reasonably certain that I’ll get my base preference (LNS)?
If you're planning on an airline career, you'll be light years ahead of the game if you just do your CFI and instruct to 1500 hours, and then go directly to Skywest or whomever. As a Southern FO, you'll be lowest on totem pole to get trained because they lose captains at an astonishing rate, and captains hired months after you will be trained before you!
Old 10-15-2022, 01:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: B777 CA

FYI- Take this for what’s it worth. As a legacy 777 CA who does career counseling and mentoring. Also I’ve worked with pilots who flew for Southern and Mokulele over the years.

The latest intel I have gotten is since the merger of Southern with Mokulele the whole operation has been going downhill. Maintenance and the state of the airplanes has gotten very bad. Their management will pressure you to fly an unsafe aircraft and or to continue to fly when fatigued or other unsafe issues.

While I wouldn’t say don’t go there. Be very careful and don’t let them pressure you to do anything unsafe. Remember if you bend metal or get violated or worse there management will blame you and throw you under the bus. Don’t get violated or have an incident as it will ruin your career.

With that being said the experience is very good and you can build time fast. Realize though you are flying for a non union scumbag operation. Get your time and get out!
Old 11-05-2022, 04:09 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2022
Default Agree 100%

Originally Posted by Boeing Aviator View Post
FYI- Take this for what’s it worth. As a legacy 777 CA who does career counseling and mentoring. Also I’ve worked with pilots who flew for Southern and Mokulele over the years.

The latest intel I have gotten is since the merger of Southern with Mokulele the whole operation has been going downhill. Maintenance and the state of the airplanes has gotten very bad. Their management will pressure you to fly an unsafe aircraft and or to continue to fly when fatigued or other unsafe issues.

While I wouldn’t say don’t go there. Be very careful and don’t let them pressure you to do anything unsafe. Remember if you bend metal or get violated or worse there management will blame you and throw you under the bus. Don’t get violated or have an incident as it will ruin your career.

With that being said the experience is very good and you can build time fast. Realize though you are flying for a non union scumbag operation. Get your time and get out!
I hate to say this, but I agree 100%. As a current Capt. with SAE, the company is definitely going down him. It seems that expansion is more important than taking care of the equipment and personnel already here. 🤞things get better.
Old 11-07-2022, 08:36 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2020

Congrats! I emailed the recruiter last week and she said they were currently only hiring Captains. Trying to get on with them ASAP! I have a buddy that currently works for them as a Captain and I believe he told me it was 2-3 weeks but it’s been over a year so take that with a grain of salt!
Old 11-27-2022, 07:15 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2018

good luck we need fo's but lack the capacity to train them quick enough.
Old 12-07-2022, 01:15 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2022

Originally Posted by Matdlaw View Post
Congrats! I emailed the recruiter last week and she said they were currently only hiring Captains. Trying to get on with them ASAP! I have a buddy that currently works for them as a Captain and I believe he told me it was 2-3 weeks but it’s been over a year so take that with a grain of salt!
I see they have a couple of SIC positions listed on their website, albeit 30+ days ago. Is it correct that they pay $12/hr (x 65 hr guarantee) with pilots with less than 600 hours?
Old 12-13-2022, 05:40 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2022

Recently joined the forums and applied to the SIC PC12 role that is posted on SAE's website. I am 750 hours total time. I will let you know what I hear.