Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up. New King Air 350 operator

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011

So, if they're really going to start ops end of this year wouldn't they need to have started the hiring process? Just surprised that I haven't seen a posting yet, I guess, and would be interested in checking it out.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Left Seat

I would expect Wheels Up to hold special screenings for former Avantair pilots. Why wouldn't they take advantage of that pilot pool? Anyone see a website yet?
Old 08-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2011
Position: B747-400 CA

Originally Posted by Fetzervalve View Post
I would expect Wheels Up to hold special screenings for former Avantair pilots. Why wouldn't they take advantage of that pilot pool? Anyone see a website yet?
Here it is, nothing but a video

Wheels Up
Old 08-03-2013, 03:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Hopefully this LOI from the FAA will put to rest this SIC discussion. Check out the third page, third paragraph.

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...rpretation.pdf
Old 08-03-2013, 06:13 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2011
Default Lavatory ?

If they figured a way to install a real, no kidding, line truck serviceable, "blue water" crapper in the K350---then they may just have something. I know the PlaneSense (PC12) has essentially a campers toilet ( a bag it and toss it --- the FO has to do it ) system. These things can make a big difference to the flying public, and this yet to be fully proven--fractional flying concept. I hope they're successful --Good luck, my fingers are crossed.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012

Originally Posted by smugglersblues View Post
If they figured a way to install a real, no kidding, line truck serviceable, "blue water" crapper in the K350---then they may just have something. I know the PlaneSense (PC12) has essentially a campers toilet ( a bag it and toss it --- the FO has to do it ) system. These things can make a big difference to the flying public, and this yet to be fully proven--fractional flying concept. I hope they're successful --Good luck, my fingers are crossed.
Yea, no sh*it!

(I'll be here all week folks!)

I always wondered why passengers would leave the FBO with perfectly serviceable facilities and the first thing they do when they get in the aircraft? You guessed it!
Especially worrying when you see a large dude hit the lav with a U.S.A. today under his arm!
I agree with you though, its supposed to be luxury travel. Nothing luxurious about peeing in a bag, and you certainly don't want to hit the Taco Bell drive through on the way to the airport!
Old 08-03-2013, 06:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
Yea, no sh*it!

(I'll be here all week folks!)

I always wondered why passengers would leave the FBO with perfectly serviceable facilities and the first thing they do when they get in the aircraft? You guessed it!
Especially worrying when you see a large dude hit the lav with a U.S.A. today under his arm!
I agree with you though, its supposed to be luxury travel. Nothing luxurious about peeing in a bag, and you certainly don't want to hit the Taco Bell drive through on the way to the airport!
Happened routinely at Avantair. Although the Piaggio isn't the bag style, it does have the suitcase style and is not externally serviceable. And stay on top of it cause you don't want it filling up.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012

Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
Happened routinely at Avantair. Although the Piaggio isn't the bag style, it does have the suitcase style and is not externally serviceable. And stay on top of it cause you don't want it filling up.
Better swing that tie over your shoulder before you kneel in urine soaked carpet and pull that thing out!

The glamorous life of a fractional pilot!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:08 AM
Drinkin' coffee...

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: P-p-piiilatusss

I watched the CNBC video with the CEO.

It is my understanding that they are buying the airplanes outright and then finding members? It sounds to me more like a card club then an actual fractional unless they are selling shares in each aircraft...

It'd be interesting to talk to someone in their flight ops management, if the department exists yet.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Babysitter

The cart before the horse....hmm