Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Reva (Aero Jet International)

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 07:30 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Any update on hiring? And how's the interview? I live in the FLL area and am interested. Thanks for any info.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:42 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by seminolepilot View Post
Thanks for correcting me on that, their advertisement on the orange site is wrong then.
Not really wrong, but certainly misleading. They include in that number a lot of money that you may or may not see, such as per diem, cell phone allowance, medical allowance, 401k match, and a bonus program that very few hit the targets for this year. (This has since been redone do be a set dollar amount- I believe $25/hr over 400 or 450 hours/year.) There is a deferred bonus program that is $7k a year I think, but needs to be vested etc before being available so you may not ever see that if you don't stick around a long time.

Starting captain base pay is $75k then $80k after 6 months. That's a more realistic figure you'd expect to see on a paycheck.

Lots of hiring going on right now as a few captains have recently left (with a few more likely to leave) and a few first officers are on the way out as well.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:56 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Originally Posted by N118GT View Post
Lots of hiring going on right now as a few captains have recently left (with a few more likely to leave) and a few first officers are on the way out as well.
Thanks for the expeditious reply. Interview pretty straight forward, sit and talk kind of thing?

Also, how are the schedules? I'm away of a few air ambulance operators with 4 on 4 off.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:06 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by TangoRomeoYank View Post
Thanks for the expeditious reply. Interview pretty straight forward, sit and talk kind of thing?

Also, how are the schedules? I'm away of a few air ambulance operators with 4 on 4 off.
Interview is a get to know you. I don't think there are much in terms of technical questions.

The schedule is 8/9 hard days off per month depending on time of year. 9 days in slower summer months. 10 days per year vacation and 6 sick days.

Expect to fly most days you are on call in winter, and frequently on the back side of the clock.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:41 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Default Former South Florida Lear Driver

South Florida 135 = Run Far Away from it as fast as you possibly can
Old 01-30-2016, 03:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: L188

And DC. There is a reason they have a high turnover and she is one.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:47 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Company seems to be growing while at the same time everything internal seems to be spiraling down. Management could care less about QOL or pilot concerns, owner seems to have them by the balls and the "we got it done back in my day" line is commonly used.

Repeatedly seen guys fly 4 to 5 consecutive flights all around 14 +/- hours duty and all on minimum rest call outs. Most of the newbies are to scared to use the fatigue card and every one flys wore out. Most FOs eventually leave for a regional, those who stay and upgrade deal with the run around and rumors of favoritism playing into decisions seem to drive the FO moral down. 24 hour on call is still going on even though there is talk about the Feds investigating but nothings changed.

Lots of flying, 70% backside of the clock. 100% working the pilots into the dirt but the pay is decent on the captain side. Hard to live off and justify the FO pay when the regionals have all stepped up their scales.

Most of the captains with quality experience have left or are looking at leaving and average FOs now have 800-1000 hours TT...

Dispatch is a joke, triple check your paperwork and verify that they called customs or be ready to be blacklisted.

Overall there are plenty of other places to go that will treat their pilots with way more respect then here.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:42 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Hello all, I've read the previous posts and am wondering if any things changed here and if someone might have a number for someone in the flight department that could get the ball rolling for me. Thanks in advance everyone.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:55 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: PIC LR35

Any update on Reva? I see them posting Lear SIC openings on the orange site but would like to get more updated info on the flying and QOL from recent/current pilots before I apply. Feel free to PM me...
Old 01-31-2017, 06:03 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: PIC LR35

Bump...

Anything? Any current REVA guys on here? I'd especially like more info on the interview. Not interested in airlines until the little one gets older so thinking about Medevac for the next few years (or more) if I can upgrade relatively quick.

Feel free to PM.