Reva (Aero Jet International)

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Reva (Aero Jet International)

Old 09-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Default Reva (Aero Jet International)

Does anyone fly for Reva or know about the company? Their certificate is under Aero Jet International, they recently merged with Air Ambulance Professionals. I'm specifically interested in QoL and if pilots are happy there.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2012

I interviewed with them almost two years ago and I don't think they were Reva back then.

Thy asked you pay for the Lear type rating back then, and if you stayed past a year and were liked the company MIGHT reimburse you.

The chief pilot conducted the interview and was super nice and honest about the hardships of the job which included long days, usually out-and-back trips even to S. America. The pay back then was below $3,000 month as well. I didn't see any of the pilots but something tells me there were probably mostly older captains and people who find that lifestyle right for them.

If you're local, just walk in and drop off a resume..that's what got me an interview but that life and having to pay for the rating made saying no very easy.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Any Reva pilots out there? I hear they are calling for interviews and looking to pick up a good group of guys/gals for the high season.

They pay for your TR but tie you to the company for a year or something like that.

Again, any info on QOL/pay would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: L188
Default Stay far away

South Florida+135=Nuttin' but problems.

Besides their is a blonde that works in management there. Ex Riddle Grad whom could not cut it in the flight deck so they made her director of marketing or something. She is a difficult individual and will make your life miserable. Pressure to keep going, fly broke a/c etc...

So again, as has been posted a million times, South Florida+135=Bad!
Old 11-14-2013, 01:16 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Braniff,

How long ago did you work there? Is this recent?
Old 11-15-2013, 08:08 AM
New Hire

Originally Posted by Braniff DC8 View Post

Besides their is a blonde that works in management there. Ex Riddle Grad whom could not cut it in the flight deck so they made her director of marketing or something. She is a difficult individual and will make your life miserable. Pressure to keep going, fly broke a/c etc...

I have worked there for more than a couple of years. I did not see this. I happen to know of the person you are talking about, but do not know her, that is about it. I am sure the other pilots may or may not know of her. She has nothing to do with the pilots from what I have seen, therefore has not made my life miserable. The very few times I have spoken with her, it was casual and had nothing to do with a flight or operating the aircraft. I am sure that goes with the rest of the pilots. I am not defending her, I do not know her enough to go either way. Though it is obvious that she is not running the show or telling the pilots what to or not to do. I could have easily done my job and not have ever known of her. Business is doing well from what I see, so there is a good chance she is doing a good job in the marketing department.

Fly broke aircraft? I can only speak for myself. They are airplanes and they break, they are older and may break more than newer airplanes. I have not had any repercussions from grounding an aircraft. About 2 years ago I grounded one at an international location that I could see other Captains possibly flying. The FO seemed a little shocked, not thinking it was a big deal. In itself, maybe it was not, but looking at the big picture of the flight needed to get it back to base, I felt continuing was not a safe choice. Company was okay with it though it was probably a huge added expense and headache. What is legal is not always safe. Again, the company was okay with it, and I would do it again with no fear that the company would retaliate.

To answer the first question. Give them a call, things are changing and growing. Good group of pilots to work with, every group has their winners and losers, but the majority are good. Somewhere around 12 or so pilots a few years ago, to maybe over 40 by the end of this year or early next year. I could always use more money, fly less, and have more time off. I will never turn it down, and will always ask for more.

It is not a fractional or a cushy 91 job. QOL is in the eye of the beholder, aviation and QOL probably should not be mentioned in the same sentence. Part 135 Learjet Air Ambulance, can be on the lower end, but Reva is better than most. There are a couple of Captains that have flown Gulfstreams globe trotting for weeks at a time in previous jobs, they have given up pay and prestige for being home more often and security.

This job is not for everyone. A few make this long term. For others it is a time/experience building choice, mainly PIC jet, to move on to something bigger or bypass the regionals. You will fly, and fly a lot. Somewhere around 600+ hours per year? Air ambulance has been very steady and secure, not chasing paychecks. 8 hard days off a month, bid by seniority. 10 vacation days. Sick days. 401K with match. Mostly out and back, maybe 2 to 5 RON per month. Sometimes none. Salary starts FO low/mid 30s, CA low/mid 70s. They have a couple bonus programs, plus extra pay for working on your day off. Upgrade is generally less than 2 years from what I have seen, sometimes a just over a year. Think about 3 - 5% raise each year. About $700-800 tax free in paycheck to cover uniforms and to put towards FAA medicals, phone or whatever. Per deim is little hard to explain. Average out and back trip it comes to about $2/hr. A trip with one RON, say gone for 40 hours, would come out to $3/hr. 12 month prorated training contract. If you want to know more give them a call.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Good info, thx.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:24 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: LR-JET

Originally Posted by Braniff DC8 View Post

The part about South Florida 135 operators is generally true, but Reva is an exception.

Everything else you allege is contrary to what I've seen there. I've been treated well and never felt pressured to do anything. In fact, there are times when I want to come home after a 135 drop and management insists we get a room and fly back the next day.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Do you know if current hiring is due to growth or attrition?

Thx!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:02 PM
New Hire

Originally Posted by Flitestar View Post
Do you know if current hiring is due to growth or attrition?

Thx!
There has been some attrition, but mostly growth. Off the top of my head 20 some pilots earlier this year, should be 40+ in the next couple of months. They just announced the acquisition of another air ambulance company from the west coast. PHX base is growing from 2 pilots earlier this year to 5 next month.