Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Airnet!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: SAABster

Originally Posted by neibert12 View Post
Couldn't agree more!!! I went to career fair and the pilot recruiter I met went on and on about a story of almost making it to United but then went to Airnet instead. I barely got in any questions about the company because he was too busy telling me how they have the best pilots, life at Airnet is way better than life at an airline and blah blah blah. BTW the career fair was poorly organized and not a good impression.
So was the interview!!!
Old 01-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Guppy Capt.

Neibert,
What are you up to? Haven't flown with your dad (or even seen him) for awhile. And probably won't since I am back in the left seat (maybe for a line check or PC) Still in the NE?
Old 01-25-2007, 05:39 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: Bus Driver

I actually moved back to Ohio since NJ proved to be a little too much for a flight instructor's salary. I just got hired last week at Trans States so I might be moving to Richmond now which I also heard can be expensive. So which short bus driver might I be replying to? I've met a couple over the years.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Guppy Capt.

Congrats on the job! I hear Spirit has been hiring a lot of regional guys.
We have never met. I flew with your dad awhile ago, when you were at N07. And suggested TEB (didn't know there weren't any schools there any more). You were looking at building multi.
PS Hoboken is NOT the cheapest place!!!
Good Luck at TSA.
Tell your dad "Nicholas" says HI!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:57 PM
New Hire

I work at Airnet, and I know what you guys are talking about with the interview and whatnot. It's not as bad once your in though, most of the pilots are all modest guys ( at least the ones I know). I hate the fact that we are giving off that impression though, because behind the curtain it really isnt like that. No one here thinks their the best pilot or gods gift to aviation. I dont know why they advertise us that way, but hopefully it stops.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: SAABster

Originally Posted by Flysher View Post
I work at Airnet, and I know what you guys are talking about with the interview and whatnot. It's not as bad once your in though, most of the pilots are all modest guys ( at least the ones I know). I hate the fact that we are giving off that impression though, because behind the curtain it really isnt like that. No one here thinks their the best pilot or gods gift to aviation. I dont know why they advertise us that way, but hopefully it stops.
I was attracted to the challenges of flying all weather night cargo. No doubt you guys are the best!! But Craig and Bill need to go. There were a couple other guys/girls I met (I wish I could remember their names) they where awsome. You'll always get the jumpseat but Bill and Craig will have to drive!
Old 04-14-2007, 12:05 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: P-180
Default Airnet

I am going to interview with Airnet soon and ive heard good and bad. I'm sure that goes with every company. Does anyone know where most of the newbies get based at? I am new to the forum and appreciate any feedback. This seems like a great forum with loads on quality information. Happy Safe Flying Everyone.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Line Holder

There is no set base for newbies. whatever is available when training is finished, that is what one choses from.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: A220 First Officer
Default Airnet

What airplanes are based in Detroit? I was born and raised in Detroit and I would love to get back there. I'm sure people are not waiting in line to go to Detroit so I figure I could get it.

Also, what is a typical schedule at Airnet?
Old 04-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: A220 First Officer
Default Taken from Wikipedia

Quote from Wikipedia: It is wholly owned by AirNet Systems.[1]

However, with the advent of the Check 21 Act, the lack of need for the physical delivery of canceled checks is slowly causing the company's demise.[2]

Is this true? Why would they be hiring if it is?