Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Mokulele Airlines (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/83477-mokulele-airlines.html)

FLCH19 07-29-2017 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by BravoPapa (Post 2401507)
It's really funny to see the reaction here to this. On another aviation forum they're all full of congrats and 'good for her'. Of course here it's all sour grapes and 'where's mine?' Par for the course.

I guess it would actually be too much to be happy for her.

I'm happy to see people get jobs but it's a joke that a gofundme was set up. She's not the only person in the world that has had it tough to get ratings. Says a lot that you need a gofundme for a job, and then to make a spectacle about it on video. Sad.

NeverHome 07-30-2017 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dhood84 (Post 2401468)
That's funny right there. What a crock of **** those videos are. What about the rest of us pilots who have paid our way and worked for the jobs we have?

DH

I don't really have a dog in this fight, so here is my thought:

Good for her! Im a regional pilot with plenty of hours (valuable ones). So looking back I remember those days. I remember workin 2 jobs, nights, going to school, etc.

We all work hard. Ya a few have a silver spoon and somehow manage to get places by merely breathing. For her, she clearly is working towards her dream.

Stated another way, if im on a hiring commity, I would hire her and those liker her. On the otherhand I would tell the naysayers that are tools to go get lost.

As for mr. martin and his videos, I suspect he has a great angle he is working. These videos dont make themselves. He is doing a great job. He is enthusiastic and has managed to take his talents towards benefiting others. That's impressive. Again coming from somebody with several thousand hours in the 121 world.

BravoPapa 07-30-2017 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by NeverHome (Post 2401777)
I don't really have a dog in this fight, so here is my thought:

Good for her! Im a regional pilot with plenty of hours (valuable ones). So looking back I remember those days. I remember workin 2 jobs, nights, going to school, etc.

We all work hard. Ya a few have a silver spoon and somehow manage to get places by merely breathing. For her, she clearly is working towards her dream.

Stated another way, if im on a hiring commity, I would hire her and those liker her. On the otherhand I would tell the naysayers that are tools to go get lost.

As for mr. martin and his videos, I suspect he has a great angle he is working. These videos dont make themselves. He is doing a great job. He is enthusiastic and has managed to take his talents towards benefiting others. That's impressive. Again coming from somebody with several thousand hours in the 121 world.

Good post NeverHome. Totally agree. Just be thankful some good happened to someone and maintain the right attitude and don't begrudge others and you may be next in line. I'd hire 1 like her and her attitude and her hard working over 100 of the chronic complainers here.

yrbroom 07-30-2017 04:04 PM

It would be different if she was sitting there creating a Gofundme for herself to help move but it seems like this was all on Swayne. Congrats to her and I'm glad it worked out.

Wish I was part of that hiring class (tried for 6+ months!) but I ended up with another job a couple months ago so I never reapplied this time around. Good luck & congrats to everyone who got offers.

FLCH19 07-31-2017 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by yrbroom (Post 2401796)
It would be different if she was sitting there creating a Gofundme for herself to help move but it seems like this was all on Swayne. Congrats to her and I'm glad it worked out.

Wish I was part of that hiring class (tried for 6+ months!) but I ended up with another job a couple months ago so I never reapplied this time around. Good luck & congrats to everyone who got offers.

Yes, definitely congrats to her! Where I'm at now, I was paid 2k in relocation assistance and I'm in the CONUS. You'd think if Mokulele is going to pay such an abysmal rate for F/O's they'd help you get to the islands. Again, I'm happy to see her get a job, I had an a similar reaction when I got hired at my current gig, a lot of hard work went into getting that call and I was excited that someone took a chance on me. I hope Mokulele raises their pay, flying in the islands seems like a ton of fun but not when you qualify for food stamps.

ianred 08-02-2017 02:07 PM

For those who got on what were your hours looking like?

FlyJP3 08-04-2017 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by ianred (Post 2403417)
For those who got on what were your hours looking like?

I got picked up at 350. I know someone who had 300. It's my belief that they pick up low timers so they stay longer to help with some of the attrition.

210 Driver 08-04-2017 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by FlyJP3 (Post 2404716)
I got picked up at 350. I know someone who had 300. It's my belief that they pick up low timers so they stay longer to help with some of the attrition.

What ratings are people getting picked up with? Are they looking for those with a CFI?

skruts 08-04-2017 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by 210 Driver (Post 2404905)
What ratings are people getting picked up with? Are they looking for those with a CFI?

CFI preferred but not a deal breaker. They look for G1000 experience as well, that's a big item for them.

intherightseat 08-05-2017 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by skruts (Post 2404944)
CFI preferred but not a deal breaker. They look for G1000 experience as well, that's a big item for them.

To that point I'd recommend you keep a 'Glass' column in your logbook to help keep track - many employers ask!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk