Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Metro Pilots Needed - KCVG (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/84015-metro-pilots-needed-kcvg.html)

FreightDogs 09-18-2014 05:42 AM

Metro Pilots Needed - KCVG

Ameriflight is hiring SA-227 Metroliner pilots for single-pilot IFR operations out of our Cincinnati, OH (KCVG) base.

Applicants should be ready to tackle a challenging single-pilot, hard IFR environment with conventional instruments. 2,500 TT is needed to be competitive.

For pilots currently qualified under 135.243(c) that have PIC type rating in an airplane that Ameriflight currently operates, we offer a $1,000 “signing bonus” ($500 upon successful completion of PIC IFR check ride and $500 6 months after that event). We would offer any available opportunity mentioned above to these outstanding applicants.

Founded in 1968, Ameriflight is the leader in the FAR 135 air cargo industry. We are committed to teamwork as the only way to achieve excellence in customer service and reliability. We achieve it daily, completing over 1700 departures each week, with a fleet of over 170 Ameriflight aircraft serving 200 plus communities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.

8ballfreight 09-18-2014 07:37 AM

Wow, that paint actually makes that pos look even more fugly.

av8n 09-18-2014 07:42 AM

^ whatever,,,that is a good way for a young starter to get some really good night all weather single pilot IFR twin turbine flying experience that you will not get as a button pusher for the wimpy airlines. That will make you a pilots pilot.

yimke 09-18-2014 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by av8n (Post 1729811)
^ whatever,,,that is a good way for a young starter to get some really good night all weather single pilot IFR twin turbine flying experience that you will not get as a button pusher for the wimpy airlines. That will make you a pilots pilot.

Also another way to kill yourself. Great experience, but those not up to par should not apply. I can think of a handful of people.

Flightcap 09-18-2014 08:15 AM

Those with experience in the AMF KCVG base, can you chime in on this one? From the other AMF thread it sounds like the company is very different from base to base. Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

av8n 09-18-2014 08:15 AM

^ this is VERY true, when I got into a large twin turbine the SD-3 Shorts Sherpa I already had 3000 hours almost all single pilot with 2000 just in a Navajo in mountainous Arctic territory

so what he said is true, if all you have done is instructed in a Piper Seminole in FL, this might eat your a*s up fast

Airhoss 09-18-2014 08:23 AM

I've got nearly 1,000 hours single pilot PIC time in an SA-226 Merlin III. This not an airplane that suffers amateurs and demands respect at all times. My next airplane was a DC-8. I found the work load and ease of flying the DC-8 to be extreme as compared to the Merlin. If you can fly a Metro/Merlin single pilot in the weather you've got this flying stuff figured out. I'd hire one of these guys over an RJ poge any day!

But they don't consult me n who to hire so it's a mute point!;)

Cubdriver 09-18-2014 08:54 AM

^ Agree. I admire anyone who can fly one of those old Metros or Merlins in a 135 environment in icing or mountains without getting into trouble. It's a lot of airplane: fairly fast, under-equipped, outdated, worn out, and prone to system failure.

mojo6911 09-18-2014 08:56 AM

Wow, a whole $1000 if you're already typed? They better up the pay significantly if they want butts in the seat.

Slick111 09-18-2014 08:59 AM

I'm not trying to start trouble here, but AMF is looking for superior pilots, to fly challenging equipment, in "hard IFR conditions", single pilot, on the backside of the clock, with "conventional instruments",.....for a three-year average annual salary of $40,756.

Or an average pilot could join a regional airline, work normal pilot hours, in normal conditions, be a "button pusher for wimpy airlines" using more modern instruments and equipment, upgrade, and earn nearly twice as much in three years.

What am I missing here?