Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

CSA?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 07:47 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Default CSA?

Any info about CSA is appreciated. I see they have a posting for SAW. Pay, Bennies, QOL...
Old 01-31-2013, 01:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009

I worked there the guy is most likely retiring great company but no movement it is a dead end job with ok pay which will keep you stuck there. Mostly older guys so if your not 40+ you don't fit in. Not saying they aren't nice but knives tended to end up in the younger guys back. I don't want to scare you away because a great company but nothing more than caravan no transfer to atr even though they may suggest it and FedEx views us as scum even jumping on them as an airline pilot and talking shop about the 1900 then they find out you did FedEx feeder the while mood changes any specifics I can help you with let me know
Old 08-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Ungh... I sign the log

so pay and qol?
Old 10-06-2014, 04:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010

Bump. Anyone work here? What's the pay and the schedule like?
Old 10-14-2014, 10:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: O-2 pilot

Pay is $34,400 per year. There's also $32.50 per day per diem IF you are blocked out over 12 hours, which you mostly will not be on the advertised route. One week vacation per year on bid system. Not very good health insurance. The schedule is like a decent airline high speed schedule (if you're familiar with that) except that you only get Sundays off. You have to live within 45 minutes of base. There are no jumpseating agreements, etc. Some of the guys who have been there a while work the longer routes every other day or have weekends off, or work as "floaters" and get all sort of extra vacation, but I'm not sure how that works and you're not going to be offered that anyway.

The previous comment about it being a company culture of bitter old back stabbers hits close to the mark.

The C-208B is the easiest thing I've ever flown. Their training is done at Flight Safety in ICT. All easy and no hassle.

Don't ever call in sick and expect to keep your job. The guy previous to me lost his medical for a week do to an FAA paperwork error. He was fired. I got shingles in my ear and a bad ear infection and after calling in sick 2 days I was fired. They said I was fired for being "unhappy", which I guess is corporate speak for sick. And/or someone in the company said I was unhappy, which goes back to the backstabbing thing. A lot of the people there will go out of there way to throw pilots under the bus. If you take a job there avoid talking to any CSA employees any more than you have to. The FedEx agents will be the ones that know what is going on operationally anyways.

Bottom line- better than a regional airline first officer job, but a very insular company.