Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Air Choice One

Old 10-26-2014, 10:43 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Default Air Choice One

I don't see much info on them. Good, bad, ugly?
Old 10-27-2014, 09:00 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Prop PIC - We hit turbulence!

Great for building time and PIC turbine, guarantees for all pilots there. Right now the hours are a little low for the FOs (60's for those based in STL) but they are starting MCW (3 weeks to this day). There is talk about FOD starting after the new year as well, apparently this was confirmed this weekend with the DOT? That will open up routing as well.

They are expanding their fleet for these new cities, added a C208 last month and two more this month. With FOD, that would most likely go to another 2-3 C208s by the new year.

Schedules are a combo of bidded/assigned. Most of the assigned routings are to those that are based in IWD, or those who have vacation/requested time off, or are just out of IOE/training. Some FO lines are flying with a week or two of reserve. That will change with MCW starting, more so with a full month of MCW. But a majority of the lines are bidded.

Crew bases are STL/IWD/MCW, they are actively looking for crewmembers who would like to live in IWD and MCW and be based out of there. I haven't been to IWD but MCW wasn't bad, from what I heard IWD is pretty small but a great area for skiing/lake-time. MCW is only about 2 hour drive from MSP, I love that city.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:36 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Thanks for the reply, I have a few more questions. How are the airplanes there, do they have GPS? Are all flights with a F/O? I also see they are advertising for a chief pilot, has that position been filled?
Old 10-27-2014, 01:42 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Prop PIC - We hit turbulence!

There are two higher time C208s but the rest are still relatively new, purchased with low-time used. They are all equipped with Garmin 530/430s.

Obviously, the aircraft is TCDS'd as single pilot, so as a few pax 135's do they have the OpSpecs auth for single-pilot with a working autopilot. I'd say 97% of the flights are 2-pilot. As far as Chief Pilot I'd say it is still open, but I'm not too sure.

You can shoot me a PM if that is easier for you.