Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Part time positions.. (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/85086-part-time-positions.html)

GrassstripflyerZSE 11-22-2014 10:44 AM

Part time positions..

I am wondering if anyone has heard of any part time positions, or fill in jobs that could be out there in the Seattle area. I am active duty AF so I can't work full time but I would love to get some experience. I know they have AirPac, Ameriflight, Kenmoore express etc out of the Seattle area. I'd even do skydive ops if I can....but has anyone seen or heard of someone ever needing a fill in pilot/part time? Thanks!

I have 1500TT 25Multi Comm-ASEL/MEL

frmrbuffdrvr 11-24-2014 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by piperpainter (Post 1768874)
I am wondering if anyone has heard of any part time positions, or fill in jobs that could be out there in the Seattle area. I am active duty AF so I can't work full time but I would love to get some experience. I know they have AirPac, Ameriflight, Kenmoore express etc out of the Seattle area. I'd even do skydive ops if I can....but has anyone seen or heard of someone ever needing a fill in pilot/part time? Thanks!

The only one I can speak to is Ameriflight. In my time here I don't know of any pilots who were hired INTO a part time position. We have had folks who have gone on to other jobs that have also stayed on as part time. But that was after they had been full time at least a year.

For what it costs to train someone, it isn't economically feasible for us to only have them on a part time basis.

GrassstripflyerZSE 12-11-2014 06:12 PM

Thanks for the info!

dupe 02-02-2015 02:29 AM

The entire operation at my company (a north east air taxi 135 operator) is part-time. I'm active duty AF and took leave for the initial training class.

If you get to the east coast, let me know

Captyeager 02-02-2015 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by dupe (Post 1817210)
The entire operation at my company (a north east air taxi 135 operator) is part-time. I'm active duty AF and took leave for the initial training class.

I'm in the NE looking for part time work too. Who do you work for?

Toonces 02-02-2015 12:12 PM

This sounds like ImagineAir. They fly Cirrus SR-22's and are looking for part time pilots.

dupe 02-02-2015 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Toonces (Post 1817511)
This sounds like ImagineAir. They fly Cirrus SR-22's and are looking for part time pilots.

Close. I work for a very similar SR-22 135 operation.

I'm in the NE looking for part time work too. Who do you work for?
PM me if you have 135 IFR PIC mins

thwhite2000 02-05-2015 05:19 PM

Kenmore will hire prt time. Buddy of mine just got a PT gig there in the Van. He said it's about 25hrs/month and they wanted him to be available 6days/mo - blocks of 2-3 days at a time. So there would go 3 of your weekends/month.

JosephG200 03-25-2018 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by dupe (Post 1817210)

Are you still working for the same operation Dupe?

endlessnight 03-26-2018 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by GrassstripflyerZSE (Post 1768874)

I'll PM you. I just got hired at a company in Seattle that will hire part time.