Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

User Tag List

Old 11-22-2014, 10:44 AM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Default Part time positions..

I am wondering if anyone has heard of any part time positions, or fill in jobs that could be out there in the Seattle area. I am active duty AF so I can't work full time but I would love to get some experience. I know they have AirPac, Ameriflight, Kenmoore express etc out of the Seattle area. I'd even do skydive ops if I can....but has anyone seen or heard of someone ever needing a fill in pilot/part time? Thanks!

I have 1500TT 25Multi Comm-ASEL/MEL
Old 11-24-2014, 07:01 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperpainter View Post
I am wondering if anyone has heard of any part time positions, or fill in jobs that could be out there in the Seattle area. I am active duty AF so I can't work full time but I would love to get some experience. I know they have AirPac, Ameriflight, Kenmoore express etc out of the Seattle area. I'd even do skydive ops if I can....but has anyone seen or heard of someone ever needing a fill in pilot/part time? Thanks!

The only one I can speak to is Ameriflight. In my time here I don't know of any pilots who were hired INTO a part time position. We have had folks who have gone on to other jobs that have also stayed on as part time. But that was after they had been full time at least a year.

For what it costs to train someone, it isn't economically feasible for us to only have them on a part time basis.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:12 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Thanks for the info!
Old 02-02-2015, 02:29 AM   #4  
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2014

The entire operation at my company (a north east air taxi 135 operator) is part-time. I'm active duty AF and took leave for the initial training class.

If you get to the east coast, let me know
Old 02-02-2015, 04:11 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: Guarding the eight ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupe View Post
The entire operation at my company (a north east air taxi 135 operator) is part-time. I'm active duty AF and took leave for the initial training class.

I'm in the NE looking for part time work too. Who do you work for?
Old 02-02-2015, 12:12 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: FO

This sounds like ImagineAir. They fly Cirrus SR-22's and are looking for part time pilots.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:38 PM   #7  
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
This sounds like ImagineAir. They fly Cirrus SR-22's and are looking for part time pilots.
Close. I work for a very similar SR-22 135 operation.

Quote:
I'm in the NE looking for part time work too. Who do you work for?
PM me if you have 135 IFR PIC mins
Old 02-05-2015, 05:19 PM   #8  
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2009

Kenmore will hire prt time. Buddy of mine just got a PT gig there in the Van. He said it's about 25hrs/month and they wanted him to be available 6days/mo - blocks of 2-3 days at a time. So there would go 3 of your weekends/month.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:53 PM   #9  
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2018
Position: Actively Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupe View Post

Are you still working for the same operation Dupe?
Old 03-26-2018, 05:32 AM   #10  
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Position: Freight Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassstripflyerZSE View Post

I'll PM you. I just got hired at a company in Seattle that will hire part time.