Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Freight Runners Express Hiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 05:12 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2013

What aircraft are most low time new hires getting? What are the chances of getting the EMB120?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2018, 07:54 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

Hey,

So I'm approaching the 1200 TT pretty quickly and I'm wondering how is life for pilots here? I see on the website that you can be home based. How exactly does this work? Are your thirteen days off a month clumped together? Where does a pilot live during the time he's in MKE? Ultimately, what I'm wondering is how much flight time will you average per month flying as a Captain on the 99? I see on the APC profile that it says between 40-70 hours per month but how consistent is that and is that number on the higher end or lower end of the scale?

Thank you in advance to anyone who answers my questions.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:02 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Hey, sorry no longer with the company.
I do know that they changed a bunch of things when I left, schedule wise.
Flight time Id say on average is about 30-40 hrs per month in the 99, if the WX is bad and having to shoot lots of approaches then maybe 40-50. The 70 mark I’d say would be for the guys in the emb-120.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:17 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Whats life like at FRE? Decent QOL? Any guys out there doing the home based thing? Thanks!
Old 10-18-2018, 08:20 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Default Latest Pros and Cons of FRE?

Originally Posted by tanker95 View Post
Whats life like at FRE? Decent QOL? Any guys out there doing the home based thing? Thanks!
I'd be interested to hear the latest pros and cons about working at FRE. Also, does anyone know if they are willing to hire people who are home based? Thanks in advance for the update!
Old 10-19-2018, 02:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2018

I've seen a few hiring posts featuring options for 19/16 or 13/15 rotations and wondered if these were home based as well......
Old 10-19-2018, 01:14 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017
Default Home basing FRE

There are home based options available, but it’s not on a rotation any longer. We have a seniority point system that allows pilots to place their hard days off throughout the month.

Life at FRE is generally pretty good. The company policy is to be competitive with pay and benefits. The only negatives I can think of are known before you start.
1. There is a training contract with a promissory note. The length and amount depend on which airframe(s) you are trained to fly, and in the case of FO hires, what your total time is at the time of hire.
2. If you bid on demand, your start time could be as little as one hour from notification. After your trip, you’ll get the full rest period, but then you’ll likely be back to on call status until the next trip pops up. If the on call lifestyle doesn’t appeal to you, you can always bid scheduled routes that leave MKE early in the morning, rest at an outstation, then return to MKE I’m the evening.

If you have any specific questions, it’s best to call Taryn in the office during normal business hours (contact info on the company website).

Cheers!
Old 10-27-2018, 03:11 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Default Thank you

- thanks for the update!
Old 10-27-2018, 07:33 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by JasonR View Post
There are home based options available, but it’s not on a rotation any longer. We have a seniority point system that allows pilots to place their hard days off throughout the month.

Life at FRE is generally pretty good. The company policy is to be competitive with pay and benefits. The only negatives I can think of are known before you start.
1. There is a training contract with a promissory note. The length and amount depend on which airframe(s) you are trained to fly, and in the case of FO hires, what your total time is at the time of hire.
2. If you bid on demand, your start time could be as little as one hour from notification. After your trip, you’ll get the full rest period, but then you’ll likely be back to on call status until the next trip pops up. If the on call lifestyle doesn’t appeal to you, you can always bid scheduled routes that leave MKE early in the morning, rest at an outstation, then return to MKE I’m the evening.

If you have any specific questions, it’s best to call Taryn in the office during normal business hours (contact info on the company website).

Cheers!
Do you have any insight into hiring minimums aside from what is published on their profile here? I’ve seen 500hrs TT thrown around a little bit.

As well, it looks like FRE has CASS available now- can you elaborate on that? Would FRE be worth commuting for?

Thank you in advance!
Old 10-30-2018, 02:36 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by medicpilot View Post
Do you have any insight into hiring minimums aside from what is published on their profile here? I’ve seen 500hrs TT thrown around a little bit.

As well, it looks like FRE has CASS available now- can you elaborate on that? Would FRE be worth commuting for?

Thank you in advance!
I applied there at 560TT and was sent a response saying to come back at 800-1000TT.