Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   The Real Delta Private Jets Thread (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/86445-real-delta-private-jets-thread.html)

2StgTurbine 02-14-2015 05:28 PM

I am not sure about OCONUS, but domestic for sure. I know one pilot in Puerto Rico, but he has to non rev to the US the day before his rotation.

2StgTurbine 02-15-2015 08:51 PM

I have lots of PMs about how to apply. I just walked someone through it today and was able to get pass the part about type ratings. It was a late night, so I can't post it now. I will do it in the morning.

captfred 02-15-2015 11:03 PM

Thanks turbine-awaiting your next post.

PilotLife4me 02-16-2015 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by 2StgTurbine (Post 1826384)
I have lots of PMs about how to apply. I just walked someone through it today and was able to get pass the part about type ratings. It was a late night, so I can't post it now. I will do it in the morning.

I found out how yesterday on the website. Its not hard to get started. the application on the other hand took a few hours. Very similar to a regional application. Thanks again for starting this thread!

beech1980 02-17-2015 07:35 AM

Hey Mods. Can you move this thread to the part.135 section. This is for part. 121 charter flying. Its a good thread but in the wrong section. Thanks

2StgTurbine 02-17-2015 08:30 PM

To Apply:

Go to Careers, Current Openings, Browse Our Current Openings, and select
any pilot position. This will take you to a page to create a user account. After you create an account, DO NOT FILL OUT THE QUESTIONNAIRE! Go to the top of the page and select View Jobs. Go to the second View Jobs page, and select Pilot - First Officer. That will let you apply as a pilot without a type rating.

And I agree mods, move it to the 135 Section. I thought the charter section was 135.

Clouddodger 02-18-2015 04:08 AM

Thanks 2Stg for the info......

captfred 02-18-2015 07:49 AM

thanks for the tips

LivnthedrM 02-24-2015 07:28 PM

It has been said in the past that they can airline you back to a different airport than where you started your trip. If this is true, how do you get back to your vehicle?

2StgTurbine 02-25-2015 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by LivnthedrM (Post 1831527)
It has been said in the past that they can airline you back to a different airport than where you started your trip. If this is true, how do you get back to your vehicle?

They can send you back to any airport within 2 hours of your home. But since few people live in an area with multiple airports with frequent Delta service, they usually just send you to the larger airport since there are more flights. If they did sent you to a different airport, they would get you a rental to go get your car. The only time they would do it is if that option were quicker then flying you back to your car.