Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

The Real Delta Private Jets Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 07:01 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by B727 right seat View Post
Can a current Delta Private Jet Pilot tell me what an average 8 day trip looks like. PM me if you want. What is QOL at Delta Private, rotations, maintenance of aircraft, etc. Thanks in advance.
Honestly just depends.

There have been rotations where you are non stop busy, flying 3-4 legs a day.

There have been rotations where its 1-2 legs a day, day or two off, then swap to a different plane to cover a different crew for duty concerns.

There have been rotations where I never left the hotel in CVG, SWF, or BCT because a/c was in mx.

But the best answer is a mix of these three past statements. It's a crap shoot but honestly I'm only "tired" at the end of the week if the other pilot was less than desireable. Those were the longest rotations.

Life is good at DPJ. Raises coming December 25. Just went to Arinc in the Excel fleet. Most aren't happy with the new uniform, but as long as the paychecks keep coming, I'll wear whatever they like.

PM if you have anything more specific.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:10 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Benefits are changing for 2018. I didn't pay attention to them since I have them through my wife's company. 401k will be 70% of the first 5%, no mention of how many years. Previously it was 50% of the first 5% and you used to have a 1 year wait before the match began, now, starting Jan.1 the match is effective immediately for everyone, including new hires on day 1. If you don't enroll, you'll be automatically enrolled at a 3% match.

Typical schedule? How many particles of water are in the ocean? Way too many variables. This trip I started on 1 tail in Florida, flew 4 legs in 3 days, swapped planes, and I'll be in CVG for 4 days waiting for the plane to come out of a heavy check. I've had numerous trips where I've flown 50+hrs in 8 days. We are getting busier and busier. A loooot more JetCard members flying.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoy it here. 97% great pilots, company treats you well, airplanes taken care of, etc... No major complaints.

What else?
Old 10-30-2017, 04:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by ORDtoDFW View Post

Typical schedule? How many particles of water are in the ocean? Way too many variables. This trip I started on 1 tail in Florida, flew 4 legs in 3 days, swapped planes, and I'll be in CVG for 4 days waiting for the plane to come out of a heavy check.
... you're telling me you actually know what the company has generally planned for you even if you don't know the specific details? What sort of sorcery is this?
Old 11-16-2017, 03:03 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

Does anyone know what the new pay scales will look like in December?
Old 11-22-2017, 08:49 PM
Line Holder

Bump...
How long would it take to upgrade from a mid to a super mid once you're a captain?
Old 02-10-2018, 10:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by FlyCO View Post
Bump...
How long would it take to upgrade from a mid to a super mid once you're a captain?
Anyone willing to continue where the last post left off. Salary, qol, kcm, uniform change, how are you assigned aircraft. I have heard things that have a lot better there lately. Thanks to anyone who replies.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:31 AM
Line Holder

Anyone know if they would let you be based out of bzn? It looks like there are at least 3 outbound delta flights daily.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015

Originally Posted by New Guy 007 View Post
Anyone willing to continue where the last post left off. Salary, qol, kcm, uniform change, how are you assigned aircraft. I have heard things that have a lot better there lately. Thanks to anyone who replies.

Bump. I'm also interested in all the above. Is it salary, or hourly? What are the DGI success rates? If/where do people leave DPJ for? Is it possible to go from DPJ to a major other than through the DGI? Are there any trans-Atlantic operations?
Old 04-17-2018, 12:59 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Saw an ad today for first officers....any update on pay/schedule/bennies/etc?

TY
Old 05-13-2018, 09:16 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2018
Question Interview on Tuesday

I've plowed thru the forum and I have some questions about DPJ:

1. Known Crewmember access?
2. Any retired airline pilots already flying there?
3. Where does sim training happen?
4. Does DPJ use EFBs? If so, what software and platform?

I'm sure there are dozens more, but answers will be helpful!